|Location: Crawley, West Sussex, England||Salary: £40 - £55 per hour|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Medical Devices, Engineering, Life Sciences||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Nick Taylor|
Electronics Engineer - Outside IR35
Initial 12 Months - £40 - £55 per hour
Electronics Engineer needed for a leading multinational medical devices company based in the Crawley area who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Electronics Engineer that takes pride in their work.
The successful Electronics Engineer would desirably be educated to degree level, or equivalent professional/vocational qualification. Experience wise, we require a candidate with experience of R&D in a regulated environment (preferably medical) who has proven experience with electronics systems & design techniques. You will have proven FPGA design with VHDL and familiarity with electronic CAD tools for analogue/digital design & simulation.
We are happy to talk remote working, although an onsite presence will be required depending on project requirements.
What the role of the Electronics Engineer entails:
Some of the main duties of the Electronics Engineer will include:
- Formulate and analyse high level requirements to develop engineering solutions
- Create detailed engineering work plans and requirement specifications
- Provide detailed electronic engineering designs directly, or through others, to meet project timescales.
- Ensure that all required engineering documentation has been created and captured
- Ensure that design are safe and comply with all applicable regulatory standards
- Take lead role in integrating electronic designs with all other project deliverables
- Ensure that designs are properly verified according to engineering procedures
- Interface with, and provide support to, all project groups including operations, product management, service engineering, etc
- Conduct & deliver technology projects to mitigate technology risks
- Design, implement and integrate experimental systems to evaluate prototype designs
- Carry out evaluations of prototype designs
- Promote effective use of leading-edge tools and rapid prototyping techniques
- Accumulate and share business, product and system knowledge
- Plan and maintain progress in improving personal, professional competence & development
What experience you need to be the successful Electronics Engineer:
- Experience of R&D in a regulated environment (preferably medical)
- Proven experience in system design followed through to product release in cross-functional projects
- Proven electronic design experience to detailed level
- Proven embedded microprocessor design
- Proven FPGA design with VHDL
- Familiarity with electronic CAD tools for analogue/digital design & simulation
- Good appreciation of software, mechanics, electronics and physics
- Knowledge and experience of developing user interfaces
- Knowledge of PC based systems and CAN, Ethernet, EtherCat communications would be an advantage
- Knowledge of real-time servo control system theory and mechatronic systems
- Ability to take a "helicopter view" when analysing problems and proposing solutions
- Ability to manage and prioritize own tasks and those of others
- Good commercial awareness for effective management of outsource resources
- Excellent communication skills, with a positive influencing style
- Fluent in English
- Good bachelors or Masters degree in relevant engineering or scientific discipline
- Member of professional institution, or working towards Chartered engineer status or equivalent
This really is a fantastic opportunity for an Electronics Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.