|Location: Ashford, Kent||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Alii Thorogood||Job Published: 21 days ago|
Electronics Engineering Manager
Electronics Engineering Manager needed for a defence and aerospace organisation based in Ashford, Kent who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Electronics Engineering Manager that takes pride in their work with an in-depth knowledge electronics systems.
- Pension schemes
- 25 days holiday
- Subsidised healthcare schemes
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Electronics Engineering Manager will include:
- Providing line management and strong leadership of the electronic engineering team
- Ownership of electronic engineering processes.
- Ensuring that company processes are correctly followed within the electronic engineering team.
- Working with Project Engineers to ensure that engineering projects are suitably resourced for electronic engineering and help determine the technical strategy to be taken for each project.
- Working with the Engineering Director and other senior colleagues to develop the product development strategy.
- On-going development of the companies wide range of electronics systems
- Designing of a wide range of RF, low voltage analogue and digital electronic assemblies
- Providing design support of the companies legacy products
- Undertaking product documentation and testing
- Being the technical lead for projects of any size
- Providing engineering support to the company's internal and external customers
- Providing engineering support to Field Services and Trials activities.
- Ensuring a safe system of work is in place for the Electronics R&D lab
- Occasional UK and International travel may be required to support trials and customer activities
What experience you need to be the successful Electronics Engineer Manager:
- Degree educated or hold equivalent experience in relevant fields
- Demonstrate hands on experience in an electronic engineering development environment including the design of electronic products
- Working knowledge of PCB and component level circuit design
- Hands-on technical role, you will take pride in leading by example, able to directly support your team where required
Experience in the following is useful but not essential:
- Experience of working in aviation
- Knowledge of writing software code
- Experience of FPGA development using VHDL
- Knowledge of CE marking regulations
- Being a Chartered Engineer
Candidate must be eligible for SC clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for an Electronics Engineering Manager to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.