|Location: Ashford, Kent||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Joe Tomkins||Job Published: 21 days ago|
Electronics Engineering Manager
Ashford - Kent
Aerospace / Defence
Electronics Engineering Manager required, leading a team of 7, this role will be a hands-on technical role, ensuring the team works effectively and the processes and procedures are in place for delivery to be achieved.
This role will be reporting directly to the operations director, you will own the electronic engineering processes within the business, ensuring that the company processes are correctly followed within the electronic engineering team.
This role will be largely management focused, however you will need technical experience within designing circuit boards, FPGA - Radio frequency etc.
Key Responsibilities for Electronics Engineering Manager:
Leading the team within:
- Design avionics that go into the targets & the control systems that operate them
- Scoring systems that goes onto aircraft
- Ground equipment - battery chargers
You will also be involved in:
- Providing line management and strong leadership of the electronic engineering team
- Ownership of electronic engineering processes within QTS.
- Ensuring that company processes are correctly followed within the electronic engineering team.
- Working with Project Engineers to ensure that engineering projects are suitably resourced for electronic engineering and help determine the technical strategy to be taken for each project.
- Working with the Engineering Director and other senior colleagues to develop the product development strategy for QTS.
- On-going development of the companies wide range of electronics systems
- Designing of a wide range of RF, low voltage analogue and digital electronic assemblies
- Providing design support of the companies legacy products
- Undertaking product documentation and testing
- Being the technical lead for projects of any size
- Providing engineering support to the company's internal and external customers
- Providing engineering support to Field Services and Trials activities.
- Ensuring a safe system of work is in place for the Electronics R&D lab
- Occasional UK and International travel may be required to support trials and customer activities
Technical Experience required for Electronics Engineering Manager:
- Experience of working in aviation
- Knowledge of writing software code
- Experience of FPGA development using VHDL
- Knowledge of CE marking regulations
- Being a Chartered Engineer
To apply for this exciting 'Electronics Engineering Manager' position please press 'apply now'.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.