|Location: Hayes||Salary: Package|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Electronics, Defence, Engineering, Space, Technology||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Jeremy Farley||Job Published: 10 days ago|
Job Title: Electronic Hardware Engineer#
Salary: £DOE + Package
An Electronics Hardware Engineer is required by a highly reputable Security and Defence organisation based at their West London facility. The Electronci Hardware Engineer will be responsible for the specifying, designing and verifying digital and analogue electronic hardware in order to deliver high quality electronic hardware that meets the requirements of the customer in a timely manner and within budget.
The successful Electronic Hardware Engineer will have a keen interest in electronics, be degree educated in Electronic Engineering, or similar, with demonstratable knowledge of power supplies and EMC.
Some of the main duties of the Electronic Hardware Engineer will include:
- Perform design calculations and carry out simulations using industry standard tools, and prototype as required, in order to estimate performance, identify high-risk areas and ensure high quality designs that require minimal re-design.
- Develop and test/verify electronic hardware according to the hardware development process.
- Estimate time and effort required for electronic hardware activities and deliver to these time and effort estimates to ensure cost and schedule adherence.
- Provide technical direction and exert technical influence across multiple projects, such that the optimal approach, architecture and design are selected.
- Work with production test to ensure designs are suitable for volume production. Also support production to assist them with the rapid debugging and resolution of electronic hardware issues encountered in order to minimise production delays.
What experience you need to be the successful Electronic Hardware Engineer:
- Degree in an Electrical or Electronic Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Extensive experience of one or more of the following;
- Experience of high-speed digital designs that include processors and programmable devices
- Experience of analogue circuit design and switched-mode power supply design
- Able to design reliable power supplies that meet requirements and analyse against all input and output conditions across temperature, and estimate performance accurately.
- Competent with schematic capture tools and understands how to constrain layout using rules/classes/groups.
- Must have developed large, complex designs requiring multi-layer PCBs (and PCB stack-up design).
- Appreciation of design and test for EMC and TEMPEST (preferred).
- Used DOORS, PADS and/or PSpice (advantageous).
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Electronic Hardware Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Please note that eligibility for UK security clearance up to SC level is required for this position
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.