|Location: Farnborough||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Electronics, Defence, Nuclear, Engineering, Space, Technology, Security and Compliance||Type: Contract|
|Contact: Jeremy Farley||Job Published: 18 days ago|
Job Title: Electronics Supervisor
Term: 12 Months
Day Rate: £DOE + INSIDE IR35
Key Skills: Electronics, Systems, Maintenance, Fault Finding, Repairs, PLCs, Instrumentation, Drawings, Schematics, ORCAD
An experienced Electronics Supervisor is required to play a key role in supporting electronic systems, maintenance and fault finding. You will supervise a team of electronic technicians and deal with requests for electronic repairs and breakdowns as well as supporting routine maintenance and equipment upgrades as needed.
You must have knowledge of instrumentation, data acquisition systems, control systems and programmable logic controllers (PLCs), and be able to fault find and make repairs and/or changes as required.
***Please be aware, you must be prepared to work double day shift as required***
So, what will you be doing as an Electronics Supervisor?
- Supervision of a team of electronic technicians
- Set up Instrumentation and Data acquisition systems in line with the tunnel programme. Rig and derig scale aircraft models to be tested.
- Installing, maintaining, modifying and repairing electronic systems in the facility.
- Fault finding, diagnosis and maintenance of electronic systems down to component level where necessary to maintain tunnel systems and instrumentation.
- Preparation & maintenance of documentation for electronic systems.
- Support customer trials.
- Ensure the electronic workshop complies with the QinetiQ health and safety requirements.
What are we looking for in our next Electronics Supervisor?
- Electronics engineering to NVQ level 4 / HNC (or equivalent) or higher, or suitable experience (evidence required).
- Possess a working knowledge of electronic equipment and systems.
- Have a good working knowledge of instrumentation and data acquisition equipment, (preferably pressure transducers, strain gauges, temperature transducers, load cells and test equipment).
- A strong and demonstrable ability to work 'hands-on' from first principles to safely diagnose electronic issues (to board level) and implement prompt, effective and safe repair schemes.
- Ability to interpret electronic and drawings.
- General/broad knowledge and experience of distributed control and closed loop control systems.
- A sound knowledge of electric motors, and motor control & operation methods.
- Familiarity with safe systems of work including the issue and receipt of permits to work etc.
- Ability to use electronic drawing packages such as ORCAD would be beneficial.
- Knowledge and experience of planned maintenance systems.
My client is keen to get this position filled ASAP, so if you feel you have the skills and desire to provide passion and drive as the next Electronics Supervisor, this is the opportunity for you!
So, if you are interested in joining a well-established, renowned, globally recognised organisation working with experts in their field as the next Electronics Supervisor, hit that apply button now!
Eligibility for Security Clearance (SC) is required to be considered for this vacancy
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.