|Location: Glenrothes, Fife||Salary: £22000 - £34000 per annum + benefits|
|Sector: Engineering, Electronics||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Aaron Stone||Job Published: 8 days ago|
Electronics Test Technician
Electronics Test Technician required to join a leading defence and aerospace company in the area of Fife, Scotland. The Electronics Test Technician will perform functional testing and diagnostics of complex electronic assemblies. Diagnostics to be performed to component level for both prime product and repairs. The Engineer will also will also be required to keep accurate test records, carry out any maintenance tasks and aid other disciplines to improve overall cost and quality of product.
This role will consist of backshifts. Working hours are:
Monday - Thursday
12.45 - 2300
(41 hour working week)
On offer for the Electronics Test Technician:
Competitive salary with a benefits package that includes:
- 25 days holiday + statutory holidays
- Support for qualifications
- Career progression
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Flexible Benefits
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
Main Duties of the Electronics Test Technician:
- Primary duty is to diagnose complex electronic assemblies down to component level on failing products and to recommend appropriate corrective actions.
- Perform functional testing of electronic assemblies to required contractual, quality and schedule requirements.
- Diagnose test equipment related faults.
- Execution of preventative maintenance and calibration plans for test equipment.
- Record accurate test records and provide requested yield & failure reports.
- Assist engineering with any ongoing investigations / initiatives.
- Aid the continual improvement of efficiency in designated test area(s)
- Minimum of HNC in electronics or equivalent
- Must have significant experience with testing and diagnostics of complex analogue and digital electronic assemblies down to component level
- Proven ability to set up and utilise various types of lab equipment for manual production test & debug purposes.
- Has a good understanding of electronics (including theoretical and practical knowledge of analogue and digital circuitry), able to interpret circuit diagrams and can communicate circuit functionality effectively.
- Can interpret test specifications to carry out manual production test requirements & debug.
- Can work to production schedules without detracting from product quality and any contractual requirements.
- Eligibility for Security Clearance
- Working knowledge and debug of switch mode power supplies
- Significant experience and knowledge of various ATE's
- Confident, self-starter who can operate with little supervision
- Ability to communicate at all levels across a range of disciplines
- Flexibility in working hours, as shift work may be required
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.