|Location: England||Salary: Up to £423.74 per day|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Gautam Raval|
Embedded C++ / Set Top Box Engineer
3 Months Rolling Contract / OUTSIDE IR35 / Fully Remote
I am recruiting for a Embedded C++ Developer for a 3 months rolling contract / fully remote to join a team to contribute to the design, development & implementation of next generation features on set-top-boxes middleware for the pay TV industry.
As an Embedded C++ Developer you will be required to design, develop, and implement features as requested by the customer. You will also follow approved life cycle methodologies, create appropriate documentation, and write automated tests.
Embedded C++ / Set Top Box Engineer Responsibilities:
- Design, code, test, debug, document, build, maintain, and modify software of high complexity, significance, and risk
- Design and implement new features and bug-fixes
- Resolves technical issues through debugging, research and investigation
- Perform unit and end-to-end system testing
- Ensure that expected application performance levels are achieved
- Work closely with our partners to develop integrated solutions for our customers.
As an Embedded C++ Develoepr you will be able to solve difficult issues with minimal support and be comfortable working by yourself or as part of a small team.
You will be expected to resolve technical issues through debugging, research and investigation and be familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures in C++ development.
Embedded C++ Developer Must Have Skills:
- C++ - Experience developing and troubleshooting complex multi-threaded C++ applications, specifically with C++11 and older standards on a Linux embedded system
- Set top box middleware - Experience with set top box middleware development
- Self-Starter - Proven ability to take ownership of demonstrable functionality from receiving requirements, development, unit test writing through implementation with a high attention to detail
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Embedded C++ Developer Bonus Skills:
- Agile - Experience as a member of a Scrum development team
- Thirdparty Application Integration - experience integrating thirdparty applications such as Amazon Prime, Netflix or YouTube, on a Set Top Box
- Broadcom - Experience with set top box development on a Broadcom platform with NEXUS
- Open Source - experience with Qt, D-Bus, GStreamer, Webkit, ConnMan, wpa_supplicant, Platinum UPnP
- Automated Testing - knowledge of GoogleTest, GoogleMock, Python, Robot Framework
- RDK/Andriod TV - experience with RDK and Android TV software stacks
- DevOps - Experience configuring and troubleshooting build and development environments and tools, including experience with Jenkins, SVN, Git, and Groovy
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.