|Location: Gloucester||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms, Client Delivery, Electronics, Defence, Engineering, Space, Technology, Safety, Human Factors||Type: Contract|
|Contact: Jeremy Farley||Job Published: 5 days ago|
Job Title: Embedded Software Engineer
Term: 6 Months
Hourly Rate: £DOE + INSIDE IR35
Key Skills: Embedded Software, Safety Critical Software, Python, DO-178B/C, Aerospace, Programming, Real-time Embedded Systems, Verification, V-Lifecycle, Design
An experienced Embedded Software Engineer is required to play a key role in the verification and programming of safety critical applications.
So, what will you be doing as an Embedded Software Engineer?
- Verification (reviews / scrutinises, through to unit / module testing and integration testing).
- Programming languages mainly C (some assembler), Python desirable.
- The role may involve close collaboration with other disciplines, in particular Systems Engineering, and may also involve liaising with GE Global Sites, depending on the ongoing allocation of work.
- Writing artefacts in support of the software activities, reviewing other people's artefacts and generally supporting software engineers in progressing the project.
- Work with all aspects of V lifecycle, but most likely reviews / scrutiny and verification (high- and low-level).
What are we looking for in our next Embedded Software Engineer?
- Be proficient in C and assembler.
- Have significant experience of designing and implementing real-time embedded software.
- Have a demonstrated ability to make sound independent judgments, identification of problems, creation of solutions software verification.
- Have experience of DO-178B/C levels A/B.
- Have good problem-solving & solution-building skills. Good communication skills.
My client is keen to get this position filled ASAP, so if you feel you have the skills and desire to provide passion and drive as the next Embedded Software Engineer, this is the opportunity for you!
So, if you are interested in joining a well-established, renowned, globally recognised organisation working with experts in their field as the next Embedded Software Engineer, hit that apply button now!
Security Clearance (SC) or eligibility to gain is required to be considered for this vacancy
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.