|Location: Gloucestershire, England||Salary: £45 - £50 per hour|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Bradley Lamb|
Embedded Software Engineer (Contract)
Embedded Software Engineer needed for a multinational Defence organisation based in Gloucestershire on an initial 6-month contract. They're looking to employ an experienced Embedded Software Engineer who will be utilising the C language and working in a multi-disciplinary project team to update the capability of pre-existing firmware for a safety related project. You will be working across the entire development life cycle, from planning and requirements capture and analysis to final product approval.
Must be eligible for Security Clearance!
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Embedded Software Engineer will include:
- From Systems requirements, design and implement C firmware for embedded devices; Design, develop, code, test and debug software to required safety standards interfacing with hardware design and development as necessary
- Liaise with customers, internal and external as needed
- Provide post production support and maintenance as required
What you need to be the successful Embedded Software Engineer:
In order to be the successful Embedded Software Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Demonstrable track record of robust firmware design & development through the entire lifecycle using embedded C for 8, 16 or 32-bit microcontrollers following required coding standards.
- Ability to generate unambiguous software requirements based on user and systems level requirements
- Experience of creating appropriate software test strategies and operational confirmation
- Proficient in the use of industry standard communications protocols associated with communication interfaces
- Experience of working to safety standards
- Experience of debugging and development directly onto PCBs
- Experience of Military/Aerospace software design lifecycles
This really is a fantastic opportunity for an Embedded Software Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.