|Location: Cheltenham||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Jeremy Farley|
Job Title: Embedded Software Engineer
Hourly Rate: £DOE + Inside IR35
Term: 6 Months
Key Skills: Embedded, Software, C, DO-178, DOORS, Verification, Reviews, Test, IBM, Systems Engineering
An experienced Embedded Software Engineer is required to play a key role in completing various Software Engineering Lifecycle artefacts through to project closedown on secondary power distribution systems.
So, what will you be doing as an Embedded Software Engineer?
- Completion of various Software Engineering Lifecycle artefacts through to project closedown on secondary power distribution system (DAL A), to include but not necessarily limited to:
- Project planning doc updates including build procedures, code updates and review, testing of updates, release of changes to production standard, fault investigation and analysis;
- Familiarity with DO-178B/C desirable. The role may involve collaboration with other disciplines, e.g., Systems Engineering. The role may involve working both individually on activities assigned to you and as part of the wider software team in support of the common objectives, milestones and deadlines, including attending regular status meetings.
What are we looking for in our next Embedded Software Engineer?
- Be proficient in C.
- Full lifecycle experience from reqs/design through implementation and testing.
- Demonstrated ability to make sound independent judgments, identification of problems, creation of solutions software verification.
- Experience of DO-178B/C levels A/B.
- Target hardware experience desirable but not essential. Good problem-solving & solution-building skills.
- Software verification experience desirable. Good communication skills.
- Knowledge of CM tools (e.g., IBM RTC), knowledge of DOORS.
My client is keen to get this position filled ASAP, so if you feel you have the skills and desire to provide passion and drive as the next Embedded Software Engineer, this is the opportunity for you!
Security Clearance (SC) or eligibility to gain is required to be considered for this vacancy
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.