|Location: Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England||Salary: Package|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms, Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering, Technology||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Jeremy Farley|
Job Title: Embedded Software Engineer
Salary: £+ Package
Key Skills: Embedded, Design, Test, Development, DevOps, RTOS, Real-Time, C++, C, Linux, OO Design, TDD
An experienced Embedded Software Engineer is required to play a key role in defining, designing, developing and testing embedded software, as part of the wider engineering team in delivering multiple concurrent projects ranging from the tens of £k to several £m.
So, what will you be doing as an Embedded Software Engineer?
- Architect, specify requirements, design, implement and test C and C++ embedded software in accordance with the project software development process to ensure high quality and timely software deliverables.
- Apply object-oriented design techniques to enable code re-use and integration with testing frameworks
- Review and understand system design artefacts to enable the derivation of software requirements and architecture that meet the high-level system requirements.
- Design, document, review and maintain the software design using modelling tools such as RSA and EA, ensuring model can be used for accurate code generation as required.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of best practice development processes, language standards and tools, e.g., TDD/BDD, Continuous Integration, DevOps, static and run-time analysis tools, C++ standards and secure software development.
- Actively contribute to and/or lead defined aspects of the project to achieve optimal balance between requirements, schedule and cost.
- Generate and review technical proposals, and provide accurate estimates for the associated effort, costs and risks, for bids and proposals, leading to contract awards.
What are we looking for in our next Embedded Software Engineer?
- Degree in an engineering, mathematical or science-based subject or equivalent experience.
- Experience of at least one of the following;
- Embedded product development (including bare-metal and RTOSes such as ThreadX, QNX or Linux)
- Embedded Linux application, kernel and/or driver development.
- C and C++
- Experience of best practice software development processes/lifecycles
- Experience of Object-Oriented Design and Design Patterns
- Experience of software testing and design for test
My client is keen to get this position filled ASAP, so if you feel you have the skills and desire to provide passion and drive as the next Embedded Software Engineer, this is the opportunity for you!
So, if you are interested in joining a well-established, renowned, globally recognised organisation working with experts in their field as the next Embedded Software Engineer, hit that apply button now!
Security Clearance (SC) or eligibility to gain is required to be considered for this vacancy
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.