|Location: Crawley, West Sussex, England||Salary: £45000 - £54000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Medical Devices, Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Sophia Broad||Job Published: 26 days ago|
Embedded Software Engineer
Crawley, West Sussex
£40,000 - £54,000 + benefits
Embedded Software Engineer needed for a leading medical devices organisation based in the Crawley area who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Embedded Software Engineer that takes pride in their work.
The successful Embedded Software Engineer would desirably be educated to degree level, or equivalent professional/vocational qualification.
Experience or knowledge of designing Real-time code for a diverse range of interfaces; CAN, Ethernet, EtherCAT, are essential, I2C, SPI etc would be very desirable. As would be design and implementation of GUIs for an embedded high resolution display.
The candidate will be expected to work independently and as a member of a team contributing to all aspects of the product development cycle from requirement analysis through design & development into production. The candidate will be expected to produce design documentation and test specifications. Practical skills would be desirable.
What the role of the Embedded Software Engineer entails:
Some of the main duties of the Embedded Software Engineer will include:
- Design, develop and maintain the control system and related applications for the medtech Radiotherapy Treatment System.
- Formulate and analyse high level requirements to develop software engineering solutions
- Create detailed engineering work plans and requirement specifications
- Ensure that all required engineering documentation has been created and captured
- Ensure that software designs are safe and comply with all applicable regulatory standards
- Take lead role in integrating embedded designs with all other project deliverables
- Ensure that designs are properly verified according to appropriate procedures
- Carry out evaluations of prototype designs
- Promote effective use of leading-edge tools and rapid prototyping software techniques and tools.
- Accumulate and share business, product and system knowledge
- Plan and maintain progress in improving personal, professional competence & development
What experience you need to be the successful Embedded Software Engineer:
- Experience of Infineon XMC series or Arm based processors for embedded applications
- Conversant with writing real time Embedded real-time C/C++
- Familiarity of coding for Safety applications.
- Knowledge and experience of developing GUIs
- Knowledge of software control of real-time servo control systems
- Experience writing medical software compliant to IEC62304
- VHDL (for FPGAs)
- Electronics experience
- Proven experience in system design followed through to product release in cross-functional projects
- Ability to manage and prioritize own tasks and those of others.
- Good commercial awareness for effective management of outsource resources
- Excellent communication skills, with a positive influencing style
- Fluent in English
- Good bachelors or Masters degree in relevant engineering or scientific discipline
- Member of professional institution, or working towards Chartered engineer status or equivalent
This really is a fantastic opportunity for an Embedded Software Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
In order to apply, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.