|Location: Portsmouth||Salary: £55 - £65 per hour|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Nick Taylor|
Fully Remote WFH
Contract - 3 Months initial
£55 - £65 per hour INSIDE IR35
EMC Engineer needed for a leading multinational defence organisation based in who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded EMC Engineer that takes pride in their work.
The successful EMC Engineer would desirably be educated to degree level, or equivalent professional/vocational qualification. Experience wise, we desire a candidate who has a strong knowledge of EMC standards and dealt with specification, design and implementation of complex software solutions.
The EMC engineer will be responsible for ensuring that all EC Directive, National, CESG and particular contractual standards are met and that appropriate design and control documentation is produced.
This role requires candidates to possess or be eligible to obtain SC Clearance.
What the role of the EMC Engineer entails:
Some of the main duties of the EMC Engineer will include:
- Provide specialist technical knowledge to programme management
- Provide input to Radio Frequency environmental studies that may be required in support of programmes
- Compile EMC Control Plans and Test Reports
- Review incoming design documentation and test results
- Determine suitability for flight in the Merlin Mk2 environment including any additional aircraft limitations
- Determine suitability for operation of Maritime equipment
- Generate additional limitations and advice to be included in the design documentation
What experience you need to be the successful EMC Engineer:
- A minimum of 5 years practical experience in an EMC Design and test role.
- Knowledge of EC Compliance regulations and of UK and US Military EMC procedures including Def-Stan 59-41/59-411, Mil Std 461, DO/RTCA 160
- Knowledge of Maritime systems, including radars
- Knowledge of aircraft Avionic systems and/or maritime
- Understanding and experience of test procedures and hands on data analysis in a complex systems integration environment.
- Strong communication skills both written and Verbal.
- Ideally require a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college and capability typically achieved through demonstrable professional experience. Will also consider individuals with equivalent experience / combined education.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for an EMC Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
In order to apply, candidates must possess or be eligible to obtain UK SC Clearance.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.