|Location: Portsmouth, Hampshire||Salary: £45 - £55 per hour|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Bradley Lamb|
EMC Engineer (contract)
Contract Duration: 6 months+
Rate: £45-55 Per Hour
EMC Engineer needed for a leading Defence organisation based in Portsmouth. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience with the below. This contract is an initial 6-month contract but possible extension due to the length of project
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the EMC Engineer will include:
- Provide specialist technical knowledge to programme management
- Provide input to Radio Frequency environmental studies that may be required in support of programmes
- Compile EMC Control Plans and Test Reports
- Review incoming design documentation and test results from Lockheed Martin's vendors.
- Determine suitability for operation of Maritime equipment
- Determine aircraft limitations
What you need to be the successful EMC Engineer:
In order to be the successful EMC Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- A minimum of 5 years practical experience in an EMC Design and test role.
- Knowledge of EC Compliance regulations and of UK and US Military EMC procedures including Def-Stan 59-411, Mil Std 461, DO/RTCA 160
- Knowledge of Maritime systems, including radars
- Be able to work on the task associated with the overall function
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills both written and Verbal.
- Relevant TEMPEST experience
- Understanding and experience of test procedures and hands on data analysis in a complex systems integration environment.
- Knowledge of aircraft Avionic systems
Must be eligible for Security Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for an EMC Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.