|Location: Bristol||Salary: TBC ON APPLICATION|
|Sector: Engineering||Type: Contract|
|Contact: Jack Pleon||Job Published: 14 days ago|
The Challenger 2 Life Extension Project Surveillance and Target Acquisition Engineering Manager role will be supporting delivery of engineering aspects of the Demonstration phase, leading up to and including Critical Design Review, managing technical risk and conducting acceptance activities.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Engineering Manager will include:
- Supporting contractor design development and decisions against the Contract System Requirements Document.
- Conducting Assessment of acceptance evidence against the CSRD.
- Supporting, organising and running demonstration trials.
- Identify and manage engineering risk, including safety.
What you need to be the successful Engineering Manager:
In order to be the successful Engineering Manager and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Accountable to the STA Engineering Manager in the team.
- Responsible to the Lead Engineer for governance and assurance of the 'safe and professional' status of the STA designs and their integration onto the platform.
- Understanding of Electro-Optic systems, ideally in Thermal Imagers, direct view optics, laser range finders and optical displays.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Engineering Manager to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.