|Location: Sheffield||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Electronics||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Adrienne Kettlewell||Job Published: 25 days ago|
Engineering Manager / Chief Engineer
Engineering Manager / Chief Engineer need for an advanced engineering company, unique and the world market leader in their field. Based in Sheffield, they provide safety and control systems to rail depots across the UK and worldwide.
They are seeking to appoint an Engineering Manager / Chief Engineer. This wide-ranging role will be a key part of the company's senior management and will involve overall responsibility for the company's very successful engineering function.
Their team of expert engineers are dedicated to providing cutting-edge rail depot safety systems. By developing long-term working relationships with our clients, we ensure our products consistently meet the demands of a rapidly changing industry.
Salary - Negotiable. Depending on skills and experience. Also, potential inclusion into bonus, pension and healthcare schemes.
Engineering Manager / Chief Engineer will be requiring both engineering and management skills of a very high order and the role will include:
- Management and leadership of the company's array of engineering staff (of about 10) and its delivery of projects, products and services.
- Management of the company's R&D and product development function.
- Management of the company's engineering systems and processes including its HSQE systems.
- Responsibility for resolving any engineering issues as and when they arise.
- Involvement in technical sales.
- Involvement in the general management of the company.
- Maintaining and expanding the company's technical pre-eminence in its industry.
The successful Engineering Manager / Chief Engineer will ideally meet the following criteria:
- Intelligent, hard-working, professional, personable, flexible, dedicated and committed to the success of the company as a whole.
- Substantial management and leadership experience.
- Proven experience in electronics design engineering and in working with embedded electronics hardware and software. Experience working with field bus technologies such as Lonworks, 485, Ethernet or similar would be highly advantageous. Experience with mechanical hardware, actuators and sensors would also be desirable, as would electrical engineering and EMC experience.
- Technically creative with exceptional fault-finding management skills and good day-to-day problem-solving skills.
- Preferably a degree/HND/HNC in a suitable engineering discipline.
- Excellent communication, staff management and organisational skills are essential.
- Rail industry (E.g. signalling) experience would be advantageous though is not essential as suitable training in relation to our unique products and systems will be provided. The role will include some travel throughout the UK and also the occasional overseas visit.
If this sounds like you then apply today to avoid missing out
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.