|Location: Wiltshire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering, Technology||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Zak Mendoza|
Engineering Planner needed for a multinational Defence organisation based in Wiltshire who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Engineering Planner that takes pride in their work with previous experience in engaging with wider programmes supporting programme wide master schedules, ideally coming from an IT background, Jira and Agile project methodologies.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Engineering Planner will include:
- The candidate will engage with the wider programme to input to and support a Programme wide master schedule, whilst maintaining a resourced Engineering plan.
- The candidate will need to understand information technologies, the SAFe environment and be able to transfer this into plans and schedules which can be consumed by more Waterfall based organisations. There will be a need to extract dynamic information from Kanban boards/scrum meetings in order to populate the schedules/plans.
- The candidate must have an information technology engineering background.
- Large portions of schedule disruption are generated through technical ambition or blockers.
- The candidate must be able to consume this technical engineering information and be able to adjust plans without significant reference to others in order to understand the issue.
What experience you need to be the successful Engineering Planner:
Planning and Scheduling
- Policy/Process - ISP 207
- Artefacts - PBS/WBS; Logic Network/High Level Plan; MDAL; Milestone Register; Risk Register; EPM Schedule
- Tool - Project Online; PWA; PowerBI, JIRA
- Drumbeat - End of Month Schedule Update, Monthly Project Review
Management Information (MI) & Reporting
- Policy/Process - DPS Reporting Process
- Artefacts - Monthly HRs, DaaP/BPR; 3 Star Review Packs
- Tool - EPM, PWA, DPS PMO Reporting 365 Page; PowerBI, JIRA
- Drumbeat - DaaP/BPR Weekly inputs; Portfolio Board input; Monthly Conformance Checks
Resource Capture and Forecasting
- Policy/Process - ISP207, DPS Resource Mgt Process
- Artefacts - Resource Register
- Tool - Project On-Line; PowerBI, JIRA
- Drumbeat - Monthly Project Review
- Policy/Process - ISP181
- Artefacts - Project Risk Register, ARM Risks
- Tool - ARM
- Drumbeat - Monthly Project Risk Review, Monthly Project Review
- Policy/Process - DPS Change Management Plan
- Artefacts - Change Control Form, Change Log
- Tool - NSoIT(D) MS Teams site
- Drumbeat - Monthly Project Review, Change Advisory Boards (CABs) - by exception
This really is a fantastic opportunity for an Engineering Planner to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Please note that all applications must have active SC level security clearance to be considered for the Engineering Planner position.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.