|Location: Kent, England||Salary: £55000 - £65000 per annum|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Callie Warner|
Engineering Project Manager
Engineering Project Manager need to join a leading defence organisation based in Kent, which contributes to the successful delivery of various projects whilst utilising the newest defence technology on the market.
The successful Engineering Project Manager will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
* Salary: £55,000 - £65,000 per annum
* Enhanced annual leave
* Competitive Pension Plan
* Career Progression
* Company contributed Share Incentive
* Flexible working programme
* Childcare vouchers
* Local and national employee discounts
* Some employees may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Engineering Project Manager will include:
* Work closely with the functional management team to communicate resource requirements and ensure deployment of site-wide best practice
* The PTL will join a business focussed team of other PTLs reporting to the PRGL and may be asked to assist other projects during holidays etc.
* Assist in winning new business by being the voice of engineering when running bids and proposal activities
* Develop their team by coaching and mentoring team leaders and developing their own succession plan.
* Develop, maintain and execute an Engineering development strategy for the project using the principles of incremental/agile development
* Own the Engineering budgets, adherence to schedule and quality of the product designed (fitness for purpose, compliance with customer requirements)
* Own the Engineering risks and mitigation strategies
* Develop and maintain the Engineering Management Plan (EMP) describing all aspects of Engineering work for the programme including programme tailoring
* Use Maturity Management (supported by Earned Value) to validate the correctness of work being produced by the team
* Support the development of subcontracted items, developing and implementing a strategy to ensure they are successful
* Own the 'Design Fors' with focus on Design for Manufacture, Test, Reliability and Maintainability
* Lead and make technical decisions for the project, identifying and trading the various factors involved
* Professionally represent the company when working with customer. (Some travel will likely be required)
* Performance manage the team
What you need to be the successful Engineering Project Manager:
In order to be the successful Engineering Project Manager and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
* Team leadership experience in at least one key Engineering discipline (ideally having performed a cross functional team leading role).
* Technical understanding electronic systems
* Passionate for success with a can-do attitude
* Proven ability to work with the detail and be able to brief at a summary level
* Proven ability and track record in managing the costs for the engineering work within the allocated budget
* Proven ability and track record in risk management and risk mitigation techniques for engineering projects
* Qualification to Degree/HNC level in an engineering related discipline
* The ability to develop data based reports and use of these reports to proactively manage the project.
* The ability to articulate engineering strategy and motivate teams to realise it
* Ability to work as a wider engineering team member, sharing resource when necessary but still achieving project goals
* Proven ability to build and maintain relationships
* Proven strength in organisational and personal communication skills
* Proven ability to build teams, prevent silos and work across existing boundaries
* Proven ability to lead teams to success and remain resilient under pressure
Must be eligible for Security Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Engineering Project Manager to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!