|Location: Dorset, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Alex Spraggett|
Senior Test Engineering Manager
A Senior Test Engineering Manager needed for a leading aerospace and defence company, who are based in Dorset. My client is known as the world's leading supplier of critical control solutions, they help their customers increase the safety and mission capabilities for extreme environments.
They are looking to employ a candidate who has experience of design management in a highly integrated, multi-process environment, also experience of planning and leading design, integration and product test support activities. Ideally, they would like to see a proven understanding of electrical and electro-mechanical aspects of avionic and test equipment design.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Senior Test Engineering Manager will include:
- Managing identification of avionic and test system product design risks and translation into risk mitigation activity.
- Managing the definition and agreement over verification methodology and planning within the discipline areas.
- Managing development of avionic and test design through company processes.
- Ensuring the team is provided with suitable equipment and processes in order to work in a safe and structured manner.
- Continuous development & improvement of procedures & processes
- Mentoring of the team and the identification of training requirements.
- Defining and implementing improvement of team and individual competencies, skills and capacity; and management of personal development reviews.
- Coordinated management of the team, sub-contractors & outsourced projects
- Ensuring compliance with legislative & regulatory requirements
What you need to be the successful Senior Test Engineering Manager:
In order to be the successful Senior Test Engineering Manager and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Degree in electrical engineering (or equivalent). Alternatively, an HNC or HND with extensive experience.
- Demonstrated experience of design management in a highly integrated, multi-process environment.
- Proven skills and experience in leading medium sized teams made up of permanent, temporary and outsource staff.
- Proven experience of planning and leading design, integration and product test support activities.
- A proven understanding of electrical and electro-mechanical aspects of avionic and test equipment design.
- A proven knowledge and experience of using requirements management systems.
- Working knowledge of legal & regulatory requirements for activities in the discipline area (to include risk assessments and health and safety considerations).
- Proven knowledge of relevant industry standards for avionic and electrical engineering.
- Proven experience in providing technical governance and functional leadership in the discipline area.
Benefits on offer:
- Free onsite parking
- Subsidised restaurant (including a Costa coffee)
- On-line system offering a wide range of competitive flexible benefits including
- a matched pension contribution of up to 12%, private medical and dental insurance,
- Holiday buy and sell options, subsidised local gym memberships and many others
- Share incentive schemes
- Flexible working hours
- Discounted Sports and Social Club membership
- A wide range of internal and external training opportunities
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Test Engineering Manager to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
To apply for the Senior Test Engineering Manager role, you need to be eligible for security clearance.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.