|Location: Rochester||Salary: £30000 - £35000 per annum + + Benefits|
|Sector: Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Adrienne Kettlewell||Job Published: 9 days ago|
Engineering Team Leader
Engineering Team Leader required by a manufacturer of safety solutions based in the Rochester area, who is highly motivated and has a passion to contribute to the success of the company. As the Engineering Team Lead, you will be required to oversee the day-to-day activities of the Production Engineering operation and provide support to Production in order to maximise department efficiency. The Engineering Team Leader is also responsible for managing, developing and mentoring the Production Engineering Team along with utilising your engineering expertise to develop and implement production processes for new products, product improvements and product changes and minimize overall production costs while maximizing productivity
The successful Engineering Team Leader must be degree educated or hold a similar recognised qualification in Electronic or Mechanical Engineering, along with substantial experience of working in a manufacturing environment.
Some of the responsibilities you can expect as the Engineering Team Leader are:
- Support the setting and implementation of procedures and processes to ensure output and quality are achieved
- Communicating effectively with internal and external stakeholders to identify and resolve Production Engineering issues
- Collect and analyse production process data, presenting to the management team
- Review internal operational facility layouts for process improvement
- Commit to continuous professional development to provide technical expertise of current best practices tools and techniques and implement them in a reasonable and responsible manner.
- Overseeing work with outside contractors scheduling planned maintenance on production equipment
- Liaising with the Procurement department when necessary to identify potential suppliers of new components/sub-assemblies
- Supporting the Production manager to set and achieve Engineering KPI's to maintain optimal performance
- Maintain close working relationships across the business with key departments
The required experience of the Engineering Team Leader is:
- Essential: HNC in Electronic or Mechanical Engineering (certificate courses for manufacturing being desirable)
- Essential: 3 years minimum experience within an engineering role, People Management experience, work within a manufacturing business
- Knowledge of Lean management principles and continuous improvement
- Desirable: SAP Business 1
This is a really exciting role for an experience Engineering Team Leader to develop their career with a well-established manufacturer. Please apply right away or pick up the phone to discuss the role in more detail with me.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.