|Location: Crawley||Salary: £60000 - £80000 per annum|
|Sector: Medical Devices||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Matt Henocq|
The Enterprise Architecture will be a key member of the new Enterprise Architecture Team with my client, reporting to the Director of Enterprise Architecture. The Enterprise Architecture function guides and governs the structure and direction of my clients product software to ensure the business can meet its strategic goals across the whole product portfolio. Component function, APIs and Services, data entity definition and other key structural architectural features are defined and governed by the Enterprise Architecture team in collaboration with other stakeholders - product management, system architects and subject-area specialists in the wider engineering organisation. My client is introducing a new software platform for use across the product portfolio. The Platform Architecture is specified and governed by the Enterprise Architecture team. Detailed component architecture and design is done by System Architects, engineers and subject specialists in the wider Engineering teams. The Enterprise Architecture function is part of my clients Platform Group.
- Delivery and regular refresh of components within a set of Architecture Roadmaps to guide product software development across all of my clients products.
- Definition of components within the Platform Architecture as part of the Roadmap so that my client can deliver modular product components in an efficient and effective way using the emerging Software Platform
- Capable, effective team work within the Enterprise Architecture function, ensuring the team meets strategic goals and performs well
- Actively participating in Enterprise Architecture forums to educate, guide and govern architectural aspects of my clients software portfolio
- Ensuring each Agile Train in software engineering sets off well prepared with appropriate Architectural runway specifications, models and guidance for contributed components
- Engagement with teams across my client to facilitate and guide software architectural planning and implementation, to explain and illustrate Architectural roadmaps and strategy and generally to ensure my clients software solutions are best in class
- Addressing emerging new technologies in Roadmap contributions and technical plans to ensure my client can take advantage of innovations and industry developments as quickly and effectively as possible
- Collaborating with research teams the company to ensure the Platform and general architectural strategy are well positioned to meet the needs of teams driving innovation in my cleints product portfolio Consulted on
- General technical issues for strategic direction, general technical information and advice.
- The validity of architectural mechanisms to ensure my cleint is fully aligned with latest regulations, innovations and industry trends and can plan key product requirements effectively.
This is a technical leadership role requiring considerable expertise in software engineering and architecture with active experience of architecture for digital, cloud and web-based solutions. We are looking for passionate people with strong technical communication skills, the ability to lead calmly and decisively and influence others with articulation and insight.
- A graduate degree, preferably in Maths, Sciences, Engineering or Computer Science
- Excellent technical communication skills, with the ability to create and deliver compelling written, graphical, and spoken content tailored for customers, senior-level management, design and research teams, or a large, diverse audience
- Good experience and understanding of architectural patterns for system and data organisation that are successful in modern digital web-based and cloud-ready environments
- Proven experience successfully directing architectural solutions within small teams and guiding large software projects to implement good architecture
- Experience of delivering innovation in product development · Healthcare IT or medical device subject matter knowledge is desirable. Knowledge of oncology is a big plus, but not expected.
- Experience of successfully delivering products subject to regulatory requirements and international standards
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.