|Location: Bedfordshire, England||Salary: £35000 - £45000 per annum + + Benefits|
|Sector: Client Delivery||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Jack Pleon|
My Client is looking for an Environmental Engineer to join them at their Bedfordshire site. As the company looks to grow its UK business over the next five years, it sees new opportunities to partner with the UK government to meet the country's global defence and security needs.
Week 1 Mon - Thur 8.30am - 5.30pm. Fri 8.30am - 4.00pm
Week 2 Mon - Thur 8.30am - 5.30pm. Fri Day off
Lunch break 30 mins each day
My client has become known as a leading UK defence engineering company, delivering on a broad range of contracts for the MoD, prime contractors across the wider UK market and international defence ministries.
Specific Job Description
This role represents a position in the Environmental Engineering Group. As such, the candidate will be a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in this field, to allow support and guidance to be provided throughout the company, supplier and customer community.
- General knowledge of Environmental Engineering and the relationship to the development process from concept design proving through to Qualification.
- Detailed knowledge of environmental test and/or data analysis.
- Good communicator with the ability to discuss and present results to internal customers.
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 3 years of professional experience; or 2 year of professional experience with a related Master's degree.
- Requirements specification: Ability to define mechanical and climatic environmental requirements from first principals or by extracting and expanding on the relevant information from defence standards or customer documentation.
- Analysis: Experience in vibration and shock analysis and assessment including analysis of trials data. Knowledge of MRS, SRS and FDS analysis techniques would be beneficial as well as the use of tools such as nCode. Able to produce instrumentation plans for data gathering.
- Test: Knowledge and experience in defining environmental trial programmes and the application of tests from defence and civil environmental standards such as DEF STAN 00-35, BS EN 60068, MIL STD 810, etc. The ability to precisely define mechanical and climatic tests and produce the associated test documentation and be able to objectively review subcontractor trial programmes.
- Compliance Verification: Ability to determine the appropriate method of providing compliance evidence against the environmental requirements (Design, Test, Assessment) as part of the evidence chain for the Certificate of Design and capturing the information in proving documentation or DOORS.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL BE REQUIRED TO HOLD SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC)
Click apply now to be considered!