|Location: Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire||Salary: £45000 - £55000 per annum|
|Sector: Highways & Highways Electricals||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Emma Puddick||Job Published: 15 days ago|
Our client is looking for an experienced Environmental Manager to join a substantial and growing presence in major infrastructure and development across Britain.
- One of the UK's largest environmental consultancies.
The key responsibilities of this role include:
- Sustainability and Environmental Consents Management
- Provide projects with sustainability leadership, including assisting with environmental awareness training of professional staff, construction managers and operatives
- Compliance with client's sustainability policies, objectives and more detailed requirements, including any ISO14001 Environmental Management System in place, and make sure that they are implemented throughout the design, construction and commissioning stages of the project
- Update, review and ensure compliance with the project Environmental Management Plan, Site Waste Management Plan, other relevant environmental management plans and other associated documentation
- Carry out regular environmental audits of design and construction activities
- Maintain project environmental consents register and ensure all required consents are applied for in accordance with the project programme
- Manage and co-ordinate the application, negotiation and implementation of all necessary environment-related consents, including highways and traffic issues
- Prepare applications, including working with a range of technical specialists that will be needed to support certain applications
- Manage the discharge of environmental planning conditions throughout the entire construction project
- Compile and present sustainability, environmental and consents performance reports, as appropriate, in line with project KPIs and other objectives, e.g. energy and water consumption, and waste management.
- Effectively deal with statutory consultees, interest groups and the general public.
Desired experience and qualities:
- Looking for experienced personnel with several years of working in a site-based environment on major construction projects.
- This role will suit someone who has worked on major infrastructure and / or development projects and has a good understanding of typical environmental contractual and regulatory requirements and ensuring that these are implemented.
- Successful candidates are likely having a strong health and safety ethos, good personal management, communication and negotiation skills and an appreciation of what is practical and achievable.
- A thorough understanding of environmental issues on site e.g. ecology, noise, air quality
- Professional membership preferable e.g. MIEMA or equivalent
- And/or Environmental Auditing qualification
- CSCS card
Salary and Benefits
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays and private health care
- Regular training and development We operate an open and relaxed management culture that nurtures continuous improvement and innovation.
If you are interested, please let me know as they will get you started right away.