|Location: Bristol||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Safety||Type: Contract|
|Contact: Ian Cowx||Job Published: 18 days ago|
Environmental Safety Consultant - UK Military Aircraft.
12 Month duration.
Work from home.
Provide Environmental Management expertise for Autonomous Systems and other new programmes to assist the integration of Environmental Safety considerations.
The successful candidate for this role will be required to support the refinement of a coherent Environmental Management Strategy in compliance with relevant legislation and MoD Requirements defined in Defence Standard 00-051, taking notice of the guidance provided within the UK MoD Project Oriented Environmental Management System (POEMS).
You will be a technical point of contact for Environmental Safety Management.
Reporting to an Environmental Safety Lead, the role has the following responsibilities:
- Support the maintenance of the Environmental Management System in line with the Safety Management System and UK Environmental Management legislation.
- Assist the development of Environmental Management strategies appropriate to each project or programme resulting in a cogent Environmental Case which shall include the following, as required by the project or programme-specific Environmental Management Plan or Strategy:
- Development of Environmental Management Plans
- Develop a register of relevant Environmental Management standards
- Identification of Environmental Management stakeholders
- Produce Environmental Management Feature Matrices
- Produce Environmental Impact Screening and Scoping Statements
- Influence the selection, design, usage and disposal of products and services through all relevant life cycle phases
- Derivation of Environmental Management design requirements
- Development of Environmental Case Reports
- Liaison with customers and supplier technical disciplines to ensure appropriate evidence is available to support the Environmental Management strategy
- Close liaison with Environmental, Health and Safety teams
- Review of supplier Environmental Management deliverables
- Support Environmental Management Committee and Working Group meetings
- Support customer and supplier Environmental Management meetings
- Provide Environmental Management support to the System Safety programme including support to System Safety Working Groups or other associated meetings
- Identify risks, issues and opportunities and support the development of mitigation plans
- Other job responsibilities may include assistance with System Safety tasks, assistance with Human Factors tasks.
The candidate should be degree qualified with an appropriate Environmental Management-related degree and a member of a recognised Environmental Management professional body with demonstrable experience in the application of Environmental Management in UK Defence Industry.
The candidate should demonstrate strong communication skills, technical competency and skills with project management concepts/tools.
The role will have significant UK MoD and wider interfaces and therefore a person who is diplomatic whilst being strong minded is required.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.