|Location: South Ayrshire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Technology||Type: Contract|
|Contact: Jeremy Farley||Job Published: 28 days ago|
Job Title: Environmental Specialist
Location: South Ayrshire
Duration: 12 Months
Hourly Rate: £DOE
Key Skills: Environmental, Health, Safety, Management, Risk Assessment, Wastewater, Chemical, NEBOSH, IPPC, Six Sigma, DSEAR
An experienced Environmental Specialist is required to play a key role in covering a 1 year's maternity cover, which has the potential to go permanent. You will be Environmentally focused and be required to work on site full time.
So, what will you be doing as an Environmental Specialist?
- Lead on-site an Environmental Management and Compliance Program covering PPC Permits; Risk Assessments; Training; Legislative changes and liaising with regulatory agencies
- Manage waste on-site and drive waste minimisation initiatives.
- Manage PPC Permit including submission of monitoring data and solvent usage figures, ensuring zero non-compliances.
- Responsible for on-site wastewater compliance including the overseeing of Effluent Treatment Plant operations managed by on-site contractors.
- Lead on-site chemical management program including COSHH, DSEAR, Risk Assessment, and Chemical Storage Auditing.
- Take leading role in driving energy / greenhouse gas / cost reduction initiatives.
- Assist in developing established pro-active environmental, health and safety programs for accident and injury prevention.
- Develop environmental health and safety policies and procedures.
- Assist in developing management and employee EH&S responsibilities and performance measures.
- Participate on and provide guidance to the EHS program improvement team(s).
- Conduct site inspections and assist in program evaluations.
- Evaluate new plans, processes, and equipment prior to their purchase/use at the facility - particularly from an environmental standpoint.
- Lead Environmental Capital Expenditure Projects.
- Wvaluate the Environmental, H&S Framework Elements on an annual basis.
- Lead Incident Investigations whenever required.
- Assist with the implementation and ongoing development of the Safety Risk Analysis /Industrial Health Risk Assessments
- Participate in Management meetings.
- Coordinate employee environmental health and safety training programs.
- Assist in implementing programs for the recognition, evaluation and control of physical and chemical hazards.
- REACH Site Focal point
What are we looking for in our next Environmental Specialist?
- Degree in Environmental Management, Chemistry & Environmental Engineering, Chemical & Process Engineering or equivalent.
- Health & Safety Qualifications to NEBOSH Diploma (Parts 1 & 2) or equivalent.
- Strong EHS background with Environmental bias and/or experience supervising/leading teams.
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certified.
- Wastewater Treatment Plant experience.
- Experience of IPPC.
- Chemical Process management
My client is keen to get this position filled ASAP, so if you feel you have the skills and desire to provide passion and drive as the next Environmental Specialist, this is the opportunity for you!
Security Clearance (SC) or eligibility to gain is required to be considered for this vacancy
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.