|Location: Essex||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Matt Scott||Job Published: 3 days ago|
Environmental Trials Engineer
Environmental Trials Engineer needed for a multinational Defence organisation based in Essex who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Environmental Trials Engineer to join a high performing team of multi-disciplinary technicians and engineers delivering critical test & evaluation of defence munitions through the application of vibration, shock, climatic & radiography test programs.
The successful Environmental Trials Engineer would desirably have:
- Working knowledge of the Defence Standard, specifically 00-035.
- An awareness of Quality Assurance, external standards, and internal auditing.
- Proficient in one or more areas of Environmental Testing.
- Detailed knowledge and experience of environmental engineering.
- Knowledge of environmental engineering within the defence industry (Desirable)
- Experience of handling hazardous materials (Desirable)
- HNC/HND or Degree qualification in a relevant engineering or science subject.
- IT competence.
- Full UK driving license and access to a vehicle full time.
- Must hold or be eligible to attain UK SC Clearance.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Environmental Trials Engineer will include:
- Define and lead set-ups and conduct environmental test programs in accordance with the customer specifications & working procedures ensuring a compliance with all safety legislation associated with the activities.
- Demonstrate understanding for the safe and correct way to stimulate test assets with vibration, shock, climatic and temperature profiles as well as the inspection and radiography of the equipment throughout the test regime.
- Documentation reviews, data processing and reporting as required in line with customer specifications and QinetiQ's standards.
- Liaise with the planning office and other supporting functions demonstrating ownership to ensure delivery of test programs against contracted milestones.
- To undertake tests including the direction of others, associated with conducting environmental testing of test assets, and all supporting activities.
- Take responsibilities for adherence to and reviews of working procedures for you and trials team, ensuring compliance with all safety legislation associated with the activities.
- Provide supervision and direction of assigned technicians as required during day to day activities.
- Undertake further theoretical education and courses as required to develop your knowledge and experience.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for an Environmental Trials Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.