|Location: Essex||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Nick Taylor||Job Published: 25 days ago|
Environmental Trials / Test Engineer
Environmental Trials Engineer needed for a leading defence engineering organisation based in Essex who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Environmental Trials Engineer that takes pride in their work.
The successful Environmental Trials Engineer would desirably be educated to degree level, or equivalent professional/vocational qualification. Experience wise, we desire a candidate who has dealt with environmental testing & trials of engineering systems and equipment to high industry relevant standards e.g. within defence, aerospace, automotive.
If you have a background from the Armed Forces dealing with munitions and explosive ordnance that would be a plus!
Candidates must have access to their own vehicle and a full UK Driving License.
What the role of the Environmental Trials Engineer entails:
Some of the main duties of the Environmental Trials Engineer will include:
- Define and lead set-ups and conduct environmental test programs in accordance with the customer specifications & working procedures ensuring a compliance with all safety legislation associated with the activities;
- Demonstrate understanding for the safe and correct way to stimulate test assets with vibration, shock, climatic and temperature profiles as well as the inspection and radiography of the equipment throughout the test regime;
- Documentation reviews, data processing and reporting as required in line with customer specifications
- Liaise with the planning office and other supporting functions demonstrating ownership to ensure delivery of test programs against contracted milestones;
- To undertake tests including the direction of others, associated with conducting environmental testing of test assets, and all supporting activities;
- Take responsibilities for adherence to and reviews of working procedures for you and trials team, ensuring compliance with all safety legislation associated with the activities;
- Provide supervision and direction of assigned technicians as required during day to day activities;
- Undertake further theoretical education and courses as required to develop your knowledge and experience.
What experience you need to be the successful Environmental Trials Engineer:
- Working knowledge of the Defence Standard, specifically 00-035;
- An awareness of Quality Assurance, external standards, and internal auditing;
- Proficient in one or more areas of Environmental Testing;
- Detailed knowledge and experience of environmental engineering;
- Knowledge of environmental engineering within the defence industry (Desirable)
- Experience of handling hazardous materials (Desirable)
- HNC/HND or Degree qualification in a relevant engineering or science subject;
- IT competence;
- Full UK driving license and access to a vehicle full time;
- Must hold or be eligible to attain UK SC Clearance.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for an Environmental Trials Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
In order to apply, candidates must possess or be eligible to obtain UK SC Clearance.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.