|Location: Essex||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: James Giblin||Job Published: 29 days ago|
Environmental Trials Team Leader
Environmental Trials Team Leader needed for a leading Engineering organisation based in Portsmouth who are looking to employ an experienced Environmental Trials Team Leader who takes pride in their work
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Environmental Trials Team Leader will include:
- Define and lead set-ups and conduct environmental test programs in accordance with the customer specifications & working procedures ensuring a compliance with all safety legislation associated with the activities.
- Documentation reviews, data processing and reporting as required in line with customer specifications
- Liaise with the planning office and other supporting functions demonstrating ownership to ensure delivery of test programs against contracted milestones;
- To undertake tests including the direction of others, associated with conducting environmental testing of test assets, and all supporting activities;
- Take responsibilities for adherence to and generation of working procedures for you and trials team, ensuring compliance with all safety legislation associated with the activities;
- Report progress to the planning office and support the generation of recovery plans where required and attend customer progress meetings as required;
- Provide supervision and direction of other team members as required during day-to-day activities. This should include taking ownership of issues and driving for a resolution calling upon support from more senior members only when necessary.
- Proactively provide training and supervision to develop other team members within your agreed CTCs and identifying opportunities for training
- Understanding as to how to stimulate test assets using vibration, shock, climatic and temperature profiles as well as the inspection and radiography of the equipment throughout the test regime.
What you need to be the successful Environmental Trials Team Leader:
In order to be the successful Environmental Trials Team Leader and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- HNC/HND or Degree qualification in a relevant engineering or science subject.
- Experience of position of technical leadership or functional management responsibility
- Detailed knowledge and experience of environmental engineering;
- Ability to encourage collaboration between team members and activities.
- High level of IT competence.
- Must have driving license and access to vehicle full time
- Must hold or be eligible to hold SC.
- Experience of Climatic Testing
- Chartered Engineering Status or working towards
- Knowledge of environmental engineering within the defence industry;
- Previous line management experience
- Experience of handling hazardous materials
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Environmental Trials Team Leader to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.