|Location: Essex||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Matt Scott||Job Published: 3 days ago|
Environmental Trials Technician
Environmental Trials Technician needed for a multinational financial organisation based in Essex who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Environmental Trials Technician to join a high performing team of multi-disciplinary technicians and engineers delivering critical test & evaluation of defence munitions through the application of vibration, shock, climatic & radiography test programs.
The successful Environmental Trials Engineer would desirably have;
- Formal Engineering Apprenticeship or equivalent;
- Knowledge of environmental engineering (highly desirable)
- IT competence;
- Full UK driving license and access to a vehicle full time;
- Must hold or be eligible to attain UK SC Clearance.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Environmental Trials Technician will include:
- Support the set-up and conduct of trials under the supervision of the suitably qualified Environmental Engineers in accordance with the customer specifications & working procedures ensuring compliance with all safety legislation associated with the activities.
- Demonstrate awareness as to how to stimulate test assets with vibration, shock, climatic and temperature profiles as well as the inspection and radiography of the equipment throughout the test regime with a deeper understanding in specific areas.
- Support the Environmental Engineers to liaise with planning office and other supporting functions, regularly reporting progress to the planning office.
- Ensure safe systems of work are adhered to at all times during environmental testing.
- Pro-actively support and contribute to QinetiQ safety culture and undertake assigned activities to maintain and uphold safety standards.
- Undertake interdepartmental movements of test items.
- Undertake further theoretical education and courses as required to develop your knowledge and experience.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for an Environmental Trials Technician to progress their career. If you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.