|Location: West Midlands
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering
|Contact: Olly Nixon
Location: West Midlands, United Kingdom
Our client is at the forefront of the defence and maritime industry. As a leader in cutting-edge technologies and solutions, they are committed to safeguarding and advancing the security of nations. Their organisation thrives on a culture of excellence, collaboration, and continuous improvement.
Currently, they are seeking a highly skilled and motivated ERP/Planning Coordinator to join their team in the West Midlands. As an integral part of their organisation, you will play a key role in optimising their Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) processes and coordinating planning activities to ensure the efficient execution of projects within the defence and maritime sector.
- Complete assigned tasks to ensure project completion, meeting agreed time, cost, and quality targets.
- Solve problems and negotiate manufacturing priorities by actively contributing to production planning meetings and reviews.
- Collate information from IFS for project reports (i.e. cost to complete, Project plan, sales etc) as required by Project managers.
- Liaise with Engineering, Projects, and Production regarding priorities & provide updates.
- Plan, schedule and monitor project activities and orders to establish and communicate priorities for material requirements to Production.
- Ensure correct loading of engineering structures on to IFS to create accurate manufacturing standards bills of material.
- Plan picking and kitting activities for current and future production build, in line with Stores and Production resource capacity/limits.
- To progress and investigate any shop order shortages.
- Maintain IFS data integrity and develop, test, and implement future business enhancements.
- Identify the reason for a reject when requested by Production, Engineering or Projects; supporting resolution with the buyer and completing any IFS transactions to enable items to be rejected.
- Control and monitor all aspects of Project MRP from contract implementation to completion and shipment; including the creation, maintenance, and implementation of netting groups. Progressing PO placement, monitoring delivery dates, production plans and escalating critical shortages.
- Complete inventory management of parts including product life cycle management, ageing, and obsolescence control.
- Propose and implement continuous improvement initiatives for new business processes as they are identified.
- Transfer of inventory between projects and inventory classes to utilise stock and communicate the cost impacts for individual projects.
- Participate in the stock take and perpetual stock counts.
- Carry out any other duties as reasonably required by Management.
Qualifications / Skills Required
- Working knowledge of ERP systems (such as IFS).
- Working knowledge of MRP systems.
- An understanding of PMRP and netting groups.
- Project and materials management experience.
- An understanding of complex multi-level BOM's.
- An understanding of project costing, standard costing, and cost to complete reports.
- An understanding of a product development process in either a business or Engineering environment.
- Implement change management for program planning.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with personnel at all levels of the organisation.
- Ability to liaise with both internal and external customers and key stakeholders.
- Ability to work effectively and achieve targets in a fast-paced, continuously changing environment.
- Ability to create and maintain processes and action training in new processes for relevant personnel.
- Critical path analysis skills, with the ability to analyse schedules and develop viable action plans.
- Good analytical skills.
- A high level of self-motivation.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to promote and encourage a culture of teamwork.
- Ability to influence others to ensure their agreement.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- PC literate in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Project, Access, and Excel.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.