|Location: Chelmsford||Salary: Up to £50000 per annum|
|Sector: Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Jordan Tozer||Job Published: 23 days ago|
- Estimator needed for a Precision Engineering Company based in Chelmsford who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Production Engineer that takes pride in their work undertaking tasks.
- Must Have experience or have worked in a CNC Machine shop
- Good understanding of machine times, cycle times and metallic materials
- Must also have strong experience with IT - Excel / MRP ERP systems and be able to juggle multiple and changing priorities.
- Salary: £50,000
- Stock Options
- 30 days holiday
- Private Healthcare (includes dental, personal health fund, travel insurance, subsidised gym, mental health care, counselling)
- Monthly Lunch
- Stocked Kitchen
- Air conditioned factory floor
- Team Socials
Some of the main duties of the Estimator will include:
- Provide support to the commercial team by answering technical questions, joining them on conference calls to customers and occasional site visits.
- Provide accurate estimates for all variables associated to the manufacturing process including, CAM programming, machine run times, job specific tooling costs and setup times.
- Support purchasing via a rate a rate card system for material costs and additional post processes.
- Ensure all quotes are estimated in a timely manner inline with customer expectations, following our SLA's by customer profile.
- Create standardised estimating processes that are documented, efficient and where possible automated.
- Communicate the job specific costs to the commercial team by the building a formal quotation within in our ERP system using our Factory Operating System and other supporting tools when required.
- Build a strong collaborative relationship with the production, quality, commercial and procurement team to understand all the necessary variables that can impact capacity and costings.
- Participate in production reviews to ensure costings are accurate and where possible meet customer requirements relative to tender/ quotation processes.
- Creation of full Bill Of Material's and routings.
- Work proactively to adapt quickly to a change in customer demand.
What experience you need to be the Successful Estimator:
- Prior experience and exposure to CNC methods within a precision engineering / manufacturing environment.
- Sound knowledge of the Metallic's market, understanding material cutting reactivity and the ability to suggest methods to facilitate manufacture.
- Experience of purchasing material, CNC tooling and sub-contract services (preferred but not essential)
- Strong working knowledge of CAD drawings and models and the ability to identify optimal machining and tooling strategies.
- Ability to accurately estimate CAM programming, machine setup and machining cycle times.
- Experience in the procuring/ costing of raw materials
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Estimator to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.