|Location: Workington||Salary: Negotiable|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Jordan Tozer|
Estimator - Permanent
Based in Workington
Looking for someone to start ASAP
Estimator needed for a Bespoke Manufacturer based in Workington who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Estimator that takes pride in their work undertaking tasks.
The purpose of this role is to support and maintain a professional estimating service on behalf of the commercial and operational teams in support of new business opportunities. Through implementing a professional estimating practice, ensuring that future work is secured on a competitive basis and is based on known risks and rewards. The main accountabilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Undertaking estimates for manufacturing and site installation activities. This will include activities which are both self-performed and sub-contracted.
- Preparation of BOQ and procurement schedules as part of the estimating phase in anticipation of securing the execution phase.
- Preparation and costing Risk Registers and recognising and bounding Estimating Uncertainty for more complex submissions.
- Interfacing with the various internal approval bodies (Gate Process) to ensure that tender submission deadlines are met.
- Monitoring and delivering estimating work within the sanctioned Bid Costs.
- Providing accurate reports covering estimating KPI's, progress information in relation to estimating.
- Establish and maintain positive and effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders e.g. clients, external suppliers, commercial teams, operational teams, planning department etc.
- Implementing best practice estimating processes and procedures which are also consistent with wider TSP arrangements (including IT systems).
- Full Craft City & Guilds or NVQ Level 3 / B-Tech in Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum 5 years manufacturing experience - preferably within the Nuclear, Defence or Heavy Engineering Sectors.
- 3 to 5 years estimating experience.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.