|Location: Great Malvern||Salary: £45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum + + Benefits|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Adrienne Kettlewell|
JOB TITLE: Export Compliance officer
SECTOR: BEP Legal
LOCATION: Malvern, UK (part remote)
SALARY: £45K + Company benefits
As part of the Business Enablement Partners (BEP) legal team, you collaborate with the business to develop and drive direction of export control compliance processes to ensure robust compliance management that meets current requirements of international regulations (e.g., UK, EU, US).
- You will review daily orders for compliance with local and foreign export control regulations and managing various kinds of export compliance issues, such as export license determinations, apply for licenses, and approvals.
- You will be involved for the maintenance and deployment of the Group Export Control Compliance policy and supporting procedures and you will train others in the relevant procedures.
- Be able to provide advice for classification of products.
- Lead periodic export self-assessments or audits and implement any necessary corrective actions to ensure compliance with trade compliance regulation and internal policies.
- Assess the legitimacy of third parties and business parties by conducting appropriate due diligence and research, whilst observing group compliance policies and procedures. Conduct business screenings within the given territory, provide essential review reports with risk mitigation recommendations. Information should be completed and provided in a timely manner.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
- Compliance indicators
- Customer and Supplier Communication
- Communication with Export Control Regulators
- Give guidance and advice to Supply Chain, sales and development.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED OF THE JOB HOLDER:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent qualification.
- Ability to quickly understand business needs and to anticipate potential issues and provide recommendations for risk management.
- Maintain productive relationships with public regulators and other external stakeholders.
- Experience in implementing initiatives within a diverse global organisation.
- Good planning and organisational skills.
- Experience of delivering training to a diverse global organisation.
- Experience in working in an international, highly regulated and commercial environment.
- Absolute integrity and high sense of confidentiality.
- 1-2 years of experience in similar role
- Affinity with compliance
Skills & Experience
- Proactive approach to problem solving
- Be capable of liaising with supply Chain, sales, management and export Control regulators
- Presentation & training skills
- Relevant experience in compliance
- Customer Focus
- Decision Quality
- Drives Results
- Communicates Effectively
ENVIRONMENT AND HOURS:
- Based at Malvern, UK. Contractual hours 37.5 (full time) per week.
- Travel required when essential.
- This role is exempt from the rules of the flexi-time scheme.
- Overtime included in Salary
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.