|Location: Dublin||Salary: €280 - €300 per day|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Type: Contract|
|Contact: Gautam Raval||Job Published: 9 days ago|
Fibre Optic Network Designer
Telecom's / Fibre Optics / Fibre Data / Fibre Optic Drawings / Adobe Pro / AutoCad
My client based in Dublin is global provider for telecom's and are recruiting a Fibre Optic Network Designer for a 6 months rolling contract.
As a Fibre Optic Network Designer you will provide engineering drawing management as a Managed Service, covering new data centre constructions, retrofits, colocation (Colo) builds and Colo retrofits. Provide Service delivery management to establish and document process workflows for accepting inbounds request for management tasks from stakeholders.
Fibre Optic Network Designer Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Document, edit and modify fibre optic network assets using fibre optic network software by recording fibre optic for inside plant and outside plant operations.
- Input data for fibre optic design by researching, analysing, selecting and applying fibre optic engineering concepts, approaches and techniques into fibre optic network software.
- Enter fibre optic design plan by reviewing drawings, schematics, diagrams, and evaluating performance of materials into fibre optic network software.
- Evaluate fibre optic design issues by studying project concepts, objectives, priorities and requirements.
- Responsible for gathering, reviewing and interpreting various data sources for comparison and validation of fibre optic network.
- Validate design drawings by identifying, isolating, and resolving performance problems in relation to data entry for fibre optic network software.
- Use of related industry software to include MapInfo, AutoCAD (not required), Visio, Google Earth/Maps and MS Office software.
- Research and validates building address and coordinates using Google Earth/Maps to insure proper location and create building footprint using fibre optic network software.
- Understanding of databases, queries, spreadsheets and schematic drawings.
- Knowledge of GIS and AutoCAD a plus but not required.
Fibre Optic Network Designer Qualifications/Skills Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in related field or engineering or 3 to 5 years of telecommunication industry experience related to either inside or outside plant operations.
- Understanding of fibre optics/telecom
- Knowledge of fibre industry standards
- Documentation of fibre optics
- Analytical interpretation of fibre data
- Understand spec drawings of fibre optics
Fibre Optic Network Designer Software Experience:
- Adobe Pro
- BIM 360
- MS Office, Excel, Access, etc.
- MapInfo/Arc GIS (a plus but not required)
- AutoCAD (a plus but not required)
Fibre Optic Network Designer Skills:
- Excellent communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Technical understanding
- Follow processes & procedures
- Manage multiple projects
- Ability to work in a changing environment
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.