|Location: England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Matt Henocq|
Job Title: Field Service Engineer - EMEA
My client is a worldwide leader in sample introduction and sample handling equipment for elemental analysis. We provide a comprehensive range of products based solutions for the analysis of elements in samples ranging from drinking water and high purity acids to radioactive waste.
Description of Role:
Reporting to the Global Field Service Manager, this position will provide technical, applications, service, pre, and post-sales support for all product lines offered by client in Europe, the Middle East and Africa, and occasionally in other territories, worldwide. This position will provide support to sales channels, customers, prospects, and OEM partners, as the situation warrants, in both pre- and post-sales functions. This position will be a focal point of technical contact for our sales channels, customers and OEM partners throughout the EMEA region. As such, regular international travel will be required.
The successful candidate will provide specialist technical support for all product lines throughout EMEA (and globally if required), including, but not limited to:
* providing post-sale technical support,
* Conduct on-site installation of complex scientific equipment and follow testing procedures to ensure proper working order
* Conduct on-site scheduled/planned maintenance visits
* giving product demonstrations,
* providing technical sales support,
* providing customer training,
* offering applications advice and consultation,
* presentation of technical materials at conferences/seminars/sales visits,
* instrument problem-solving, field repair and maintenance,
* Complete and submit field service reports
* Occasional assistance with technical marketing, as directed.
* Performs other duties as deemed necessary by management
The position will necessarily include a high proportion of business travel throughout Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and the USA, with occasional visits to the Americas, Asia and Australasia. Travel load is estimated at around 50-75%.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications, skills, knowledge and experience:
* Degree in analytical chemistry, geochemistry or related field.
* Knowledge and experience of the practical application of ICP-MS (and ICP-AES)
* Knowledge and experience in laser ablation and the ability to quickly develop a deep and authoritative knowledge of the technique.
* Excellent technical problem-solving/troubleshooting skills, with the ability to diagnose problems through systematic analysis
* Knowledge and understanding of electronic reporting programs for completion of quotes and trip reports.
* The ability to understand basic mechanical and electronic engineering concepts and to be able to fit and replace mechanical and electronic components in the field
* Demonstrable excellence in interpersonal communication and the ability to build lasting relationships and collaborations
* Drive, determination and enthusiasm
* Experience in demonstrating, teaching, coaching
* Ability to work independently and responsibly as a commercial professional
* Ability to self-motivate and organize short-, medium- and long-term work plans
* Excellent written and oral communications skills in English language
* Ability to understand and clearly communicate product advantages and technical features
* Ability to understand customer applications
* Ability to create and confidently present commercial and scientific presentation materials in both open forum and face-to-face settings
* High degree of computer proficiency, with literacy in typical Microsoft programs and general email/internet search tools
* Ability to travel extensively for business purposes (expected travel >40% 75%), including to Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and the USA, with possible occasional visits to the Americas, Asia and Australia.
* Deep knowledge and experience of laser ablation as a solid sample introduction technique is a distinct advantage, for example a PhD or post-doc position having worked with the technique extensively
* Experience with LA-ICP-MS data processing software packages
* Additional European language proficiency
* International travel experience
* Experience of product demonstrations is highly desirable
* PhD in analytical chemistry, geochemistry or related field
* Experience in the scientific instruments business
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.