|Salary: £40000 - £50000 per annum
|Contact: Millie Jackson
Job Title: Financial Accountant
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000
Clearance: SC Eligibility Required
Are you ready to take on a dynamic role as a Financial Accountant within one of the world's leading Defence companies? Joining us means becoming an integral part of a large multinational organisation and a standalone legal entity, where your expertise will contribute to the success of our financial operations.
Key Responsibilities of a Financial Accountant:
- Contribute to the delivery of the UK statutory accounts
- Act as the primary point of contact for interactions with the Ministry of Defence's audit team, overseeing the collation of reports and providing necessary evidence
- Coordinate the annual business budget compilation
- Monthly tracking and reporting on business performance
- Handle monthly, quarterly, and annual tax reporting
- Manage insurance reporting
- Lead the transfer pricing audit and implement new requirements
- Compile quarterly controls matrix, ensuring compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements
- Monitor compliance with local and international policy statements, recording exceptions
- Provide support in the implementation of a new financial system
- Manage the business-level risk and opportunity register
- Cultivate strong relationships with key stakeholders, both internal and external
- Offer ad-hoc support within the financial accounting team
Skills, Qualifications and Experience needed:
- Studying or preparing to study ACCA, CIMA or equivalent with some professional experience
- Strong accounting & analytical skills with some experience of internal controls and accounting functions
- Demonstrated ability to support financial processes and complete financial requirements in accordance with local accounting standards and taxation regulations.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously, deal with ambiguity and to perform to tight deadline.
- Ability to work as a part of a hybrid team.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of US financial and tax regulations and principal areas of difference from UK requirements
- Experience of budgeting & forecasting
- Experience with applications including SAP ledger, P2P & Concur
- Some presentation experience to middle or senior levels of management
Don't miss out on this fantastic opportunity to advance your career as a Financial Accountant. Apply now, as this position will be filled quickly. To be considered, applicants must be eligible for UK security clearance up to SC level.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.