|Location: West London, London||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Type: Contract|
|Contact: Zak Mendoza||Job Published: 25 days ago|
Firmware Consultant needed for a multinational Defence organisation based in West London who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Firmware Consultant that takes pride in their work with an in-depth knowledge of the full life cycle of Firmware development using VHDL, experience using FPGA toolchains, ideally targeting Micro-semi or Xilinx parts and proficiency in Test-bench testing, Verification, Integration, Test, Validation & Verification.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Firmware Consultant will include:
- Carry out firmware design, development (predominantly VHDL) and test, targeting the FPGA elements and complete FPGA systems within complex real-time embedded systems.
- Develop appropriate firmware architectural solutions to efficiently meet the requirements of complex communication systems.
- Author high quality firmware requirements based on user needs and system artefacts to enable effective development and testing.
- Work within multidisciplinary teams during integration to de-bug and test Firmware on hardware platforms.
- Produce high quality design, development and implementation documentation including specifications, reports and proposals to support the objectives of the business.
- Perform duties according to the security manual to ensure that information is handled in line with government guidelines.
What experience you need to be the successful Firmware Consultant
- Fully Proficient in the full life cycle of Firmware development using VHDL.
- Experience using FPGA toolchains, ideally targeting Micro-semi or Xilinx parts.
- Proficient in Test-bench testing, Verification, Integration, Test, Validation & Verification.
- Proficient in the use of industry standard communications protocols associated with communication interfaces (UARTs, USARTs, SPI, I2C, TCP/IP, UDP).
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Firmware Consultant to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Please note that eligibility for UK security clearance up to SC level is required for the Firmware Consultant position.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.