|Location: Rugeley, Staffordshire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence||Type: Contract|
|Contact: Bradley Lamb||Job Published: 11 days ago|
FPGA Design Engineer
Contract - 6 months
FPGA Design Engineer required for a globally recognised defence company who are based in Rugeley. My client is looking for a FPGA Design Engineer on an initial 6-month contract.
Specific responsibilities for the FPGA design engineer role will depend upon your skill set and level of seniority. Typically, you will be responsible for a wide range of FPGA activities covering all stages of the development lifecycle; from requirements through to verification and validation of programmed devices.
All applicants must be able to obtain security clearance (SC) for this role.
Key Experience and Knowledge needed for FPGA Design Engineer:
- FPGA Implementation including requirements capture, VHDL RTL coding and physical stages
- Writing and execution of VHDL testbench code and other IV&V activities
- Safety related design process development and maintenance
- Model Based design techniques using Matlab/Simulink modeling and simulation
- Requirements tracking, configuration control, incident reporting and project documentation
- Lab support during hardware development stages
- Inter-team and intra-team communications, including reviewing
Key Capabilities and Knowledge for FPGA Design Engineer:
- Degree or higher in electrical/electronic engineering or equivalent
- Proven track record of FPGA/ASIC design
- Comprehensive knowledge of VHDL with practical experience in successful projects
- Experience of model-based design using tools such as Matlab/Simulink is preferable
- Capability of working to formal FPGA/ASIC design processes is essential
- Broad knowledge of digital electronics and other areas of engineering. (e.g. systems, analogue/power electronics, mechanical, motors, etc)
- Good knowledge of best practice design lifecycle process; gated design phases, design reviews
- Good in front of customers; willing and able to make presentations
- Eligible for security clearance to SC level
To apply for this exciting 6-month contract opportunity for a FPGA Design Engineer please press 'apply now'.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.