|Location: Gloucestershire, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Alex Spraggett|
FPGA Design Engineer
Gloucestershire and Middlesex
FPGA Design Engineer needed for a leading Defence and Cyber Security company based in Gloucestershire and Middlesex. They are looking to employ an experienced FPGA Design Engineer, who has strong experience in the full life cycle of Firmware development using VHDL, someone who applies and adapts a variety of engineering methods and techniques as necessary when creating solutions and someone who has experience using FPGA toolchains.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the FPGA Design Engineer will include:
- Carry out firmware design and development in VHDL, targeting the FPGA elements of complex real-time embedded systems.
- Develop appropriate firmware architectural solutions to efficiently meet the requirements of complex communication systems.
- Author high quality firmware requirements based on user needs and system artefacts to enable effective development and testing.
- Work within multidisciplinary teams during integration to de-bug and test Firmware on hardware platforms.
- Produce high quality design, development and implementation documentation including specifications, reports and proposals to support the objectives of the business.
- Follow development processes, while being able to appropriately question and suggest change in support of continuous improvement.
- Perform duties according to the security manual to ensure that information is handled in line with government guidelines.
What you need to be the successful FPGA Design Engineer:
In order to be the successful FPGA Design Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Fully Proficient in the full life cycle of Firmware development using VHDL.
- Applies and adapts a variety of engineering methods and techniques as necessary when creating solutions.
- Experience using FPGA toolchains, ideally targeting Xilinx parts.
- Proficient in Verification, Integration, Test, Validation & Verification.
- Proficient in the use of industry standard communications protocols
- associated with communication interfaces (UARTs, USARTs, SPI, I2C, TCP/IP, UDP).
- Must be eligible for Security Clearance
- Experience in Digital Electronics and Digital Logic Design. Experience in developing military equipment.
- Experience in developing UK High Grade Cryptographic products.
- Experience using DOORS.
- Experience designing to meet DO-254.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a FPGA Design Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
To apply for the FPGA Design Engineer, you must be eligible for Security Clearance.