|Location: Staffordshire||Salary: £30000 - £65000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Nuclear, Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Nick Taylor||Job Published: 20 days ago|
Burton - Upon - Trent
FPGA Engineer needed for a leading engineering consultancy based in Burton - Upon - Trent who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded FPGA Engineer that takes pride in their work.
My client is looking to employ FPGA engineers of all levels to specify, design, implement and verify solutions to some of the UKs most challenging engineering programmes.
Recent graduates will have studied digital design as part of a relevant, accredited degree course (eg Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Control Systems Engineering, Communications Engineering, Computer Science), ideally covering VHDL. You will have a strong interest in FPGA concepts and hardware design.
Experienced candidates will have demonstrable experience of VHDL coding, designing FPGAs and verifying their performance (self-checking testbenches/IV&V). Experience with flash-based FPGAs (eg Actel/Microsemi ProASIC3) and Questa Sim or ModelSim would be advantageous.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the FPGA Engineer will include:
- You will play a key role in a team delivering some of our largest programmes of work in support of our clients in the UK's national infrastructure and national security.
- You will have excellent communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team, often alongside the client.
- You will manage tasks to time, cost and quality expectations and you will help to develop future business.
What experience you need to be the successful FPGA Engineer:
- You will have a good degree or HND in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or other related discipline.
- An appreciation of FPGA concepts and hardware design.
- Experience of VHDL.
- An aptitude for, or experience, building client relationships.
- Experience with flash-based FPGAs (eg Actel/Microsemi ProASIC3).
- Experience with Questa Sim or ModelSim.
- An appreciation of, or experience in, safety critical systems.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a FPGA Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
In order to apply for this role, applicants must be eligible to undergo and obtain a high level of UK Security Clearance.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.