|Location: London||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering||Type: Contract|
|Contact: Nick Taylor||Job Published: 27 days ago|
West London & Gloucester
Initial 6 Month Contract
Rate: Dependent on Experience - Inside IR35
FPGA Engineer needed for a leading multinational defence & engineering organisation with offices in the West London and Gloucester areas. The role requires you to be fully proficient in the full life cycle of firmware development using VHDL. You will have proven experience using FPGA toolchains, ideally targeting Xlinx parts.
The successful FPGA Engineer would desirably be educated to degree level, or equivalent professional/vocational qualification. Our client is looking for a candidate that has dealt with FPGA design and implementation of complex functions and algorithms for use in secure communication products. If you have experience within the UK defence and security sectors that would be highly advantageous!
What the role of the FPGA Engineer entails:
Some of the main duties of the FPGA Engineer will include:
* Carry out firmware design and development in VHDL, targeting the FPGA elements of complex real-time embedded systems.
* Develop appropriate firmware architectural solutions to efficiently meet the requirements of complex communication systems.
* Author high quality firmware requirements based on user needs and system artefacts to enable effective development and testing.
* Work within multidisciplinary teams during integration to de-bug and test Firmware on hardware platforms.
What experience you need to be the successful FPGA Engineer:
* Applies and adapts a variety of engineering methods and techniques as necessary when creating solutions.
* Proficient in Verification, Integration, Test, Validation & Verification.
* Excellent general written and verbal communications skills.
* Willing to undergo, and are able to achieve and maintain, SC and/or DV security clearance.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a FPGA Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
The successful applicant must be eligible to undergo and obtain UK SC Security Clearance.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.