|Location: London||Salary: £300 - £330 per day|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Type: Contract|
|Contact: Gautam Raval||Job Published: 15 days ago|
FTTx Network Planner
6 Months Rolling Contract
My global communications client are recruiting for FTTx Network Planner's in London for a 6 month contract with the view to extend.
This is a very long term programme.
As a FTTx Network Planner you will predominantly work desk based, but there may be a requirement to perform detailed site surveys or to attend meetings with our customer, local authorities, landowners and other 3rd parties as required.
As a FTTx Network Planner you will be 60% working from home and 40% onsite
FTTx Network Planner Responsibilities:
- The Network Planner will be responsible for High Level (City), Core and Low Level detailed fibre design for the customers FTTx network.
- Supporting and ensuring quality from our off-shore design team, to produce designs that are cost-effective, fit-for-purpose, within the required timescales and to the customer specification.
- The Network Planner will be the main point of contact with the clients design team to resolve any design related issues.
FTTx Network Planner Experience Required:
- Civils Planning experience
- Fibre planning experience (Core / Access / FTTx)
- Knowledge of construction and cabling techniques, underground and overhead
- Knowledge and experience of using GIS systems - GE Smallworld, GComms, Q-GIS, 3-GIS, COMSOF FibreplanIT
- PIA Experience and accreditation (preferable)
- Knowledge of BTOR PIA Portal (GEOHUB)
- External site survey experience
- Internal site survey experience of schools, hospitals, local authority buildings
- Knowledge of the local and national Street works regulations, appropriate accreditation would be beneficial
- Knowledge of Diversionary works Code of Practice and its application
- Experience of surveying fibre termination systems, PoP sites, internal fibre cabling and patch cord routing
- Understanding of health and safety procedures
- Proven track record of planning successful projects
- Excellent communication skills to liaise with the customer, local authorities, landowners and other 3rd parties
- Attention to detail and a 'can do' attitude
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.