|Location: Berkshire||Salary: Up to £299 per day + - View to go permanent|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Type: Contract|
|Contact: Gautam Raval||Job Published: 8 days ago|
FTTX Principal Engineer - 6 months contract / View to go permanent
As a FTTX Principal Engineer you will lead the technical capabilities within projects delivering Fibre-to-the-Home (FTTH). You will work hand in hand with the Technical Managers and the customer Project Managers to ensure successful submission of project bids through to end to end deployment activities.
As a FTTX Principal Engineer with experience of Fixed Networks, you will be responsible for:
- Technical leadership of FTTx build
- Support the preparation of bids and proposals for Network Build opportunities
- Supporting third party vendor selection and onboarding
- Preparation of technical documentation, method of procedure, specification
- Carry out regular quality and H&S inspections
- Liaise with management regarding on-site issues
- Liaise with other departments, the client representatives and other stakeholders as necessary.
- Assist in the management of third parties within agreed KPI's and delivery schedules
- Conduct studies between different system/component solution options
As a FTTX Principal Engineer with experience of Fixed Networks you must have:
The successful candidate is also required to have correct accreditation and/or licensing for this work.
Day to Day the position is varied, and the opportunity involves working across multiple projects, no day will be the same.
In addition to the above responsibilities the successful candidate will also be involved in the following:
- Evaluating workmanship and quality
- Ensuring the project schedule is being met
- Reviewing any plan discrepancies in the field
- Track daily progress and contractor performance
- Coordinating activities between subcontractors and resolving any disputes arising on the job site
- Quality assurance and checks of completed work and work practices
- Understand permit requirements and ensure these are met and reported correctly
- Review plans and ensure all documentation is available as required
- Manage day to day undertakings on site (labour, materials, PPE, HSE, permits, qualifications)
- Authority for all fibre routes deployed in the creation of the fibre network.
- Support deployment teams to ensure network is deployed according to design and plan
- Oversee the collation of relevant build progress documentation for senior management
- Provide information to support localization of faults during Incidents, Change and problem management.
- Carry out post installation quality audits to ensure business and industry standards are adhered to
- Conduct regular actions to ensure engineers are working securely and with the relevant safety equipment required
FTTX Princial Engineer Key Skills & Experience
The FTTX Principal Engineer must be extremely knowledgeable about the fibre construction industry and have at least 5 years of industry experience. The successful candidate will have typically begun their careers working in the field hands on, (e.g. civils contractor, cabling installer/ splicer), and should be familiar with various network construction methods and the Design elements of a project.
- Civils and construction methodologies for fibre deployments
- Fibre infrastructure, PIA (Public Infrastructure Access)
- Wayleave and permitting
- Civils for SED
- Liaison with local authorities
- Full Engineering Life Cycle from requirements decomposition to acceptance and customer sign off
- Understanding of the complexities in design and implementation of large-scale fixed networks
- Ability to take responsibility for technical aspects of a project, and to work closely with project management to deliver
- OTDR equipment for fault localization
- Splicing/drop analysis for all fibre routes
- Survey and planning (Experience would be beneficial)
- GIS systems for planning of routes
- Maintaining Geographical route documentation
- Providing fibre capacity reporting to Operations and planning/deployment
- MS office tool suite (Excel, word, Visio).
- Network engineering in Telecoms environment.
- Degree OR relevant experience
- Understanding of technology
- Thinks logically
- Has a can-do attitude
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.