|Location: New Malden, Greater London, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Safety||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Ian Cowx||Job Published: 17 days ago|
WFH + South West London on occasion.
Competitive Salary and Benefits.
UK Passport Holders only.
The role will see you undertake safety engineering activities in accordance with the companies safety processes while working within Def Stan 00-056 and IEC61508 standards.
You will be required to undertake hazard identification and analysis activities and record outputs in the hazard log.
Activities will include Hazard and Operability Studies (HAZOPs), Functional Failure Analysis (FFA), Fault Tree Analysis (FTA), Failure Mode, Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA) and Layer of Protection Analysis (LOPA).
The role will also require the Safety Engineer to be aware of the latest legislation and regulations impacting the projects they work on.
- Undertake safety analysis activities as directed by the Safety Manager.
- Generate safety requirements for the system to ensure that the customers safety targets and derived safety targets can be met.
- Support the planning of safety activities on complex projects, including effort estimating to deliver the project milestones and safety case objectives.
- Supporting audits at internal and external design reviews and safety committee meetings
- Generating safety analysis and documenting it in a report, which will be the subject of internal peer review, governance reviews and presenting the findings to the customer.
- Producing technical documentation to a high standard in accordance with company/customer procedures
- Travelling to customer and sub-contractor sites in the UK, occasionally overseas, as required
- Presenting complex and reasoned safety arguments to internal and external stakeholders in order to influence their consideration of safety decisions.
- Relevant work experience gaines in a safety engineering role.
- Understanding and awareness of international and defence standards such as IEC 61508 and Def Stan 00-056
- Ability to understand hardware and software failure modes, causes and effects
- Experience in some areas safety/reliability analysis techniques: hazard identification and analysis, FMECA, FTA, Functional Failure Analysis
- Awareness of the tools and techniques used in Risk Assessments and developing ALARP justifications
- Degree, HND, HNC in Engineering or Safety Management related discipline
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.