|Location: Crawley, West Sussex, England||Salary: £350 - £400 per day|
|Sector: Medical Devices||Type: Contract|
|Contact: Matt Henocq||Job Published: 16 days ago|
Global Procurement Project Manager
Out of scope contract - 6-12 months
My clients Procurement function is structured as a matrix organisation managed by individual business lines team which are guided by a centralized Procurement function. The purpose of the Project Manager role is to support the Global Procurement team, by leading sustainability, compliance and operational excellence projects across all Business Lines. The role requires effective collaboration between multiple global sites and subject matter experts from cross functional teams.
- Drive the delivery of assigned operational excellence, sustainability and compliance projects.
- Prepare and manage budgets on all projects for which responsible.
- Develop and update project documentation, including project charters, plans, schedules, Gantt charts and reports in line with clients governance.
- Manage cross Business Line and cross functional resources to ensure projects meet the requirements of the business.
- Effectively coordinate the gathering of requirements from global teams and deliver projects in alignment with the requirements and agreed KPIs.
- Facilitate global workshops and meetings when required. Minute decisions, outstanding issues and escalations when required, as part of effective risk and stakeholder Management
- Develop the teams' competencies in line with evolving requirements of the project.
- Reporting on project status, covering cost, risks, milestone status, issues, client issues etc.
- Sign-off on Purchase Requisitions as required.
- Present project updates to global procurement, senior management and global procurement calls as required.
Relevant Knowledge and required skills:
- A passion for project management and operational excellence is essential
- Demonstrable experience of managing global projects within a matrix organisation
- Highly computer literate and component in Project management toolkit Strong negotiator and influencer both internally and externally
- Able to facilitate workshops and meetings. A strong presenter.
- Demonstrable record of delivering stretching targets and successfully managing concurrent projects.
- Demonstrable evidence of results-oriented behaviour.
- Capable of working on own initiative whilst also being an effective team player.
- The key working relationships will be: Supplier Development and Quality, Procurement management, Strategic Buyers, Supplier Development and Quality Engineers, R&D, Regulatory Affairs, Quality Assurance, other client sites, Regional representatives and the global supply base.
- Experience of working in a highly regulated environment is preferable
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.