|Location: South West London||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Sophia Broad||Job Published: 28 days ago|
Hardware Design Engineer
South West London
Hardware Design Engineer needed for a multinational defence organisation based in South West London who are looking to employ an experienced Hardware Design Engineer that holds experience with COTS hardware, either server technology, network switches or storage as well as creating hardware design aspects, or documenting hardware design through written documentation and Visio drawings.
As a Hardware Design Engineer, you will be undertaking broad range of activities to see delivery to a Royal Navy platform and be part of delivery team undertaking all aspects of system engineering. You will define a variety of hardware related engineering activities in line with all relevant processes and quality requirements under the direction of the Hardware Design Authority.
Desirably the successful candidate will be degree qualified in the relevant subject, equivalent working experience, Chartered Engineer or willing to work towards is advantageous.
What the Hardware Design Engineer role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Hardware Design Engineer will include:
- Preparation and development of hardware designs in line with all quality and technical standards, to carry out hardware design appraisals ensuring standards are maintained.
- Carrying out complex hardware analyses and investigations, including evaluation and selection of hardware options, prepare reports with recommendations to support the resolution of problems.
- Carry out investigations into problems or developments and prepare solutions, individually or as a team.
- Acting as point of contact for customers/suppliers in assigned areas on engineering matters, resolving complex problems.
- Supporting the identification of business opportunities and preparation of bids in areas of expertise to the highest quality.
- Support product design certification activities including product safety and environmental matters.
- Undertaking general systems design activities for complex COTS based systems.
What experience you need to be the successful Hardware Design Engineer:
- Understanding of electrical engineering at a high level.
- Platform installation such as installation of hardware within a Naval or Military background.
- Environmental testing such as EMC testing, shock and vibration testing experience.
- Hardware acceptance process such as the formal process for accepting hardware requirements sell off.
***Due to the nature of the work the successful candidate will need to be eligible to obtain security clearance at SC level***
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Hardware Design Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.