|Location: Gloucestershire, England||Salary: £45000 - £49000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Zak Mendoza|
Hardware Engineer needed for a multinational Defence organisation based in Gloucester who are looking to employ an experienced Hardware Engineer with an in-depth knowledge at least one of the following languages: VHDL and Verilog, demonstratable knowledge of applying VHDL/Verilog on an FPGA device and exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives, using current technology such as FPGAs, Microprocessors, DSPs, and Interface Controllers.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Hardware Engineer will include:
- Assisting with requirements analysis
- Digital circuit design, board design, and standard test equipment such as oscilloscope's and logic analysers.
- Hardware/Software testing
- Integration and test activities in support of system upgrades and deployments.
Successful candidates will be expected to work under limited supervision and apply their knowledge of computer systems and hardware/software engineering best practice in the performance of their duties and be responsible for ensuring hardware/software compliance standards are met by the application of appropriate processes, procedures and tools throughout the hardware/software development lifecycle.
Successful candidates will demonstrate a proactive and innovative approach to developing technical solutions to complex customer business/mission problems. They will be responsible for assisting with accurate estimating/planning and will be expected to manage their own workload effectively to ensure that project milestones are met. This role also offers the opportunity for frequent interaction with the customer in a technical capacity.
The position will be full-time within the existing team developing cutting edge hardware/software solutions for both customer and company enterprises. Training can be provided to support learning and career development and our senior staff will also be given the opportunity to mentor others in their field.
What you need to be the successful Hardware Engineer:
In order to be the successful Hardware Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Experience and demonstrated competence with at least one of the following languages: VHDL and Verilog.
- Demonstratable knowledge of applying VHDL/Verilog on an FPGA device.
- Exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives, using current technology such as FPGAs, Microprocessors, DSPs, and Interface Controllers.
- Possess extensive technical expertise to implement designs without appreciable direction.
- Familiarity with the Agile development methodology.
- A passion for developing high quality hardware/software solutions.
- Willingness to support/mentor junior team members.
- Self-starter with the ability to work with limited supervision.
- Proven ability to learn new skills quickly.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- High standard of ethics and personal accountability.
- Must be eligible for Security Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Hardware Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Please note that all applicants moving forward for the Hardware Engineer position must be eligible for security clearance up to DV level.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.