|Location: Ealing||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: James Giblin||Job Published: 16 days ago|
Head of Firmware
Head of Firmware needed for a multinational Defence organisation based in West London who are looking to employ an experienced Head of Firmware with an in-depth knowledge of line management, resource management and implementing process improvements, advanced knowledge of firmware engineering practices, methodologies, processes, techniques and technology trends and experience of both synthesisable and behavioural VHDL, and simulation, automated build and test and code coverage tools.
The successful Head of Firmware will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
- Flexible working hours
- Early finish on Friday
- Health care
- Dental care
- Matched 5% pension
- Subsidised gym & canteen
- & many more!
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Head of Firmware will include:
- Develop, train, mentor and lead a team of professional Firmware Engineers in order to provide a capable and multi-skilled team.
- Recruitment of team members to meet project and business resource profiles; identifies performance shortfalls and manages team performance as required.
- Provide technical direction and exert technical influence across multiple projects, such that the optimal approach, architecture, design, and toolchain are selected.
- The design, development and delivery of high-quality firmware artefacts for multiple projects, in accordance with project and company process, and project schedules, to ensure the delivery of products that meet their requirements.
- Providing Firmware Engineering input into internal and customer design reviews to ensure a successful outcome.
- Work closely with the system, firmware and software architects to ensure consistency, design for modularity and re-use, and technical excellence.
- Ensure that the process captured in the Business Management System is actively maintained, reflects best practice, and that the project and company Firmware Development Plans and Configuration Management Plans are adhered to, in order to achieve successful audits.
- Generate and review technical proposals, and provide estimates for the associated effort, costs and risks, for bids and proposals, leading to contract awards.
- Work closely with project management and engineering project leads to create proposals that drive down project costs and increase margin.
- Manage security of information as defined in the Security manual to ensure compliance with Government regulations.
What you need to be the successful Head of Firmware:
In order to be the successful Head of Firmware and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Previous experience of line management, resource management and implementing process improvements.
- Significant experience of firmware development using best practice over the full firmware development lifecycle including post-synthesis and post-layout simulation, formal Validation & Verification, constraints, timing analysis and timing closure.
- Significant experience of both synthesisable and behavioural VHDL, and simulation, automated build and test and code coverage tools.
- Advanced knowledge of firmware engineering practices, methodologies, processes, techniques and technology trends.
- Experience of Xilinx ISE, Vivado, Modelsim, Sigasi, Precision, BFMs, DOORS, SVN, JIRA, UML and SysML would be advantageous.
- Degree in an engineering, mathematical or science-based subject desirable.
- Willing and able to obtain, and maintain, DV security clearance.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Head of Firmware to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.