|Location: Dorset, S. W. England, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Bradley Lamb|
Head of PMO
Head of PMO needed for a multinational Aerospace organisation based in Dorset. They're looking to employ a Head of PMO who will be accountable for and development of the PMO function including governance, planning, reporting, change control, quality, risk management, project initiation, resource management and key performance indicators.
The successful Head of PMO will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
- Competitive Salary
- 25 day's holiday
- Variable annual bonus
- Contributed pension
- Life assurance
- And many more!
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Head of PMO will include:
- Management of the day to day PMO function, ensure all PMO activities are delivered on time, cost and quality standards are maintained and contribute to the management, leadership and engagement as a whole.
- Owns all collateral (process documents, training materials, reporting documentation) and ensures it is available to the relevant stakeholders, and kept up-to-date and subject to appropriate change controls.
- Develop and implement KPI's and standard reporting criteria for all Value Stream Directors and Value Stream Managers to report to companies UK leadership team.
- Support the business in shaping propositions, working directly with sponsors and change requesters, providing advice and reasonable challenge where necessary.
- Oversee resource allocation and resource budget for all projects and programmes across the company value streams and functions based on agreed scope. Seek to minimise the effect of change 'scope creep', ensure changes are formally processed.
- Monitoring of strategic level risks which may pose a threat to business operations, ensuring that actions can be clearly identified, tracked and executed to suitably mitigate risks.
- Maintain the smooth running of the governance framework and oversee the approvals process across the programme/project delivery.
- Ensure the right level of supporting information and performance data is available to enable effect business decision making and business leadership.
- Mentoring and professional development of staff under PM control.
- Employ Continuous Improvement (CI) methods to develop and enhance the project management processes, capability, toolsets, artefacts, training, etc, across the business.
- Lean in to the wider group, both corporate level and other business units, as a member of the P3M Council, to ensure consistency of delivery standards.
What you need to be the successful Head of PMO:
In order to be the successful Head of PMO and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Degree educated or equivalent relevant experience.
- Significant programme management experience
- Experience of project managing bids and mobilisation of new contracts.
- Ability to solicit buy in from a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- Accredited Programme or Project Management qualification (e.g. PMP/PgMP, MSP)
Must be eligible for Security Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Head of PMO to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.