|Location: Crawley, West Sussex, England||Salary: £75000 - £82000 per annum + 20% bonus|
|Sector: Medical Devices||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Matt Henocq||Job Published: 27 days ago|
Head of System Physics - 1161
The Head of System Physics is responsible for the physics domain across the products system and owns System Engineering responsibilities for the Quality Assurance and Set-To-Work domain. The Head of System Physics is also responsible for the provision of the Radiation Officer role across Business Lines.
- Strategic direction and leadership of the global System Physics capability
- Optimization and development of departmental capabilities and processes
- Ownership of the technical roadmap for the Quality Assurance and Set-To-Work domain
- Co-ownership of the product certification strategy and its implementation
- Contribute to development of product and technical roadmaps developed by product management and solution architects
- Engage the team in external and internal research and exploration activities, in line with my clients innovation strategy and as agreed with the Head of System Engineering
- Responsibility for system engineering within the solution domain, including system decomposition, risk analysis, functional, non-functional requirements definition and feature in collaboration with solution architects and domain system engineers
- Responsibility for the quality of engineering deliverables
- Realize product roadmaps to achieve new feature roll-out in support of BL commercial objectives
- Realize programs to maintain product performance including safety, compliance and reliability
- Realize programs for COGs, LCC reduction and obsolescence management
- Lead a cross-site team, balancing needs and resources for the Business Line
- Develop a highly efficient team, that is able to deliver value to the organization
- Capability and competence of resources including training, development and succession
- Performance reviews
- Cost budgeting
- Process compliance
- Cross-business line, cross-functional collaboration and partnership to optimize domain solutions
- Strong understanding of continuous improvement, process excellence and design control
- Circles of excellence (including leadership of Physics circle - across BL)
- Process ownership and representation of audits
- Drive a LEAN-Agile mindset within the team
- Management of external collaborations so as to expand the physics capability via outsourcing and research studentships
Relevant Knowledge, skills and competencies
- First or post-graduate degree in an engineering, physics or applicable technical/scientific discipline
- Ten or more years of successful leadership experience of medical product development in a management position
- Experience from a heavily regulated business environment; specific knowledge of medical device compliance standards (e.g. IEC 60601) is desirable.
- Knowledge of modelling and simulation techniques (e.g. Monte Carlo)
- Demonstrated ability to develop manage and deliver budgets.
- Effective team building skills, organizational and staff development.
- Demonstrated aptitude for strategic thinking and the ability to implement through others.
- Can demonstrate excellent results in a technical management position
- Proven ability to problem-solve and strong negotiation skills.
- Experience in managing customer/supplier relationships effectively
- Experience in maintaining a strong relationship with field service, manufacturing and sales organizations
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written). Ability to speak and present publicly
- Flexible style ("do whatever it takes" approach)
- Strong in building and maintaining successful and effective working relationships with both direct reports, management peers, other colleagues within the group and with external organizations (e.g. professional bodies)
- Personality based on strong ethical standard, values and good judgement
- Availability for international travel as required
- Computer skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, email, etc.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.